430 Raw Bench at 177lbs

Heading into my last couple weeks of training leading up to IPF Classic Worlds in Russia. Thought I’d share my newest bench PR as I prepare to take a run at the Junior World Record in the Bench Press.

That’s awesome, man

Wow…unbelievable…

Do you have any tips for somebody who is only benching 315 for a few reps Drug-Free ?

of working sets done on Flat Bench(volume), # of days you Press a week(frequency), and assistance work ?

I can’t wait to possibly hit a 400 one day…

Awesome, and nice video. Good luck at the meet

NICE!! keep up the hard work man. ( I’m jealous as hell of your arch! my old ass back just doesn’t bend that way lol)

Best of luck bro. That is some raw diesel power at 177.

Thanks everyone!

[quote]clutz15 wrote:
Thanks everyone![/quote]
Is it “raw” if you use elbow wraps? I have never competed in raw powerlifting but I want to do one next summer…

NICE!

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:
Thanks everyone![/quote]
Is it “raw” if you use elbow wraps? I have never competed in raw powerlifting but I want to do one next summer…[/quote]

They’re actually knee sleeves, my elbows been getting sore so I started to wear them on the bench. Definately not allowed in the IPF but at my last meet I even warmed up with them on. Considering they’re a large knee sleeve I assume I get no carry over from them but who knows!

Incredible lift. From what I can tell on IPF’s site, that’s a world record, in the open class.
No one has broke the junior world standard of 396 yet.
Heck, you could lose 12 pounds where the record is currently 368 at -165 (junior)

But of course, there’s a world of difference between touch-n-go and paused at a comp.

Good shit man, best of luck. You’re bound for greatness.

Lost my other post.

Anyway, what I can tell that’s indeed a world record in the open class in the IPF, and over 35 lbs world record for juniors.
Good shit.

edit: guess the other post came up.

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:
Thanks everyone![/quote]
Is it “raw” if you use elbow wraps? I have never competed in raw powerlifting but I want to do one next summer…[/quote]

They’re actually knee sleeves, my elbows been getting sore so I started to wear them on the bench. Definately not allowed in the IPF but at my last meet I even warmed up with them on. Considering they’re a large knee sleeve I assume I get no carry over from them but who knows![/quote]

Hey I’ve been wearing knee sleeves on my elbows, too! Surely my 400lb bench is right around the corner :slight_smile:

[quote]cavemandiary wrote:
Incredible lift. From what I can tell on IPF’s site, that’s a world record, in the open class.
No one has broke the junior world standard of 396 yet.
Heck, you could lose 12 pounds where the record is currently 368 at -165 (junior)

But of course, there’s a world of difference between touch-n-go and paused at a comp.

Good shit man, best of luck. You’re bound for greatness.
[/quote]

I’ve benched 180kg in competition before but you have to do it in international competition to break an IPF world record. Up until this retesting day I pause ever single rep in training warmups included. But my shoulders been sore so I retested touch and go and it wasn’t nearly as sore. I definately don’t have expectations to pause this in a meet. I’d be ecstatic to get 185-187.5 in Russia. The open record will be my next goal!

[quote]grettiron wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:
Thanks everyone![/quote]

They’re actually knee sleeves, my elbows been getting sore so I started to wear them on the bench. Definately not allowed in the IPF but at my last meet I even warmed up with them on. Considering they’re a large knee sleeve I assume I get no carry over from them but who knows![/quote]

Hey I’ve been wearing knee sleeves on my elbows, too! Surely my 400lb bench is right around the corner :)[/quote]

Without a doubt! Haha

[quote]NurseE wrote:
Wow…unbelievable…

Do you have any tips for somebody who is only benching 315 for a few reps Drug-Free ?

of working sets done on Flat Bench(volume), # of days you Press a week(frequency), and assistance work ?

I can’t wait to possibly hit a 400 one day…[/quote]

All my training is high volume high frequency. I bench 3 times a week and never to failure. I’ve been following surovetskys bench program leading up to this PR but typically I right my own training based off of prilipens numbers. Including warmups I easily have 10-12 sets a session. As far as assistance goes my weakness has always been off my chest/mid range I’ve found floor pressing really builds strength off my chest. I’ve also done incline (which I’m terrible at). I also do tons of close grip as well. I also like to over load with a homemade slingshot I have as well. That’s helped me to learn to carry speed off my chest to lockout.

That was great to watch. We’re looking forward to seeing you kick butt.

Great lifting.

Crazy, well done sir!

Nice Lifts!