T Nation

43 Going On 44 Never Shredded

I have been lifting on and off since my twenties. Unfortunately, I have never had the discipline to reveal all the work I put in. I really need help to get to the level of shredded at least once and then maintain single digit body fat. Current stats:

Height: 5’11"
Weight: 225lbs
BF%: Approx - 19%
Training: 5 Days a week lifting 5 day split - Some BJJ and MMA mixed in on weekends
1 RM on the big three lifts 405lbs all around, however, current knee pain in my right knee has pushed me lighter on my squats, and right arm injury has me building back up on my presses. No issues with deadlift.

Supplements: Nothing currently, natural lifter, using steroids has always been thought, but not much more than that.

Diet: Try to carb cycle on weekdays and end of out of the cage on the weekends.

Gains: Went from 260lbs to a low of 215lbs with strict carb cycling and one cheat day a week for 12 weeks then plateaued and fell of the wagon a bit and now around 225lbs.

Added info:

I work two jobs the first one starts at 2:45am to 7:00am 4 hours of moving packages, some days heavy lifting other days lighter high volume fast movement Tue-Sat. No time for a real breakfast and then off to my other job where I manage a large staff 9:00am to 5:30pm Mon-Fri. 2 hours commuting and I get 6-7 hours of sleep a night.

I struggle with nutrition, not a huge fan of fruits and veggies and not a lot of time to spend on food preparation.

I need something simple and effective to help me get lean and stay there. Any nutrition and supplement advice/criticism would be more than welcomed. I thought about the velocity diet, but I am not sure how that would work with how much I work and the physical exertion in relation to my first job, time in gym, and weekend training.

There’s a whole thread up in CT’s section.