Hello everyone. I’m a 41 YO man, 5’11", 220lbs. As you can see from the pics, I obviously need to lose some fat. Here are my struggles and my questions:
- I have struggled with weight for the last 10 years of my life. I was as high as 260, got down to 200, and am back at 220. I dropped the 60 pounds with weight watchers - took me 3 years. In the last 3 years, I’ve added back the 20.
- I definitely struggle with appetite - I’m well aware that so much of it is mental - I’m an anxious eater.
- I was diagnosed with low T about 2 years ago. After finally finding the right doc, I do more frequent injections - currently doing 25mg EOD IM. This definitely helps with energy overall, but has done nothing for weight loss. When my T gets high (600+ or so) I retain water.
- I enjoy lifting weights, but usually retain water/get bloated when doing so - and pretty quickly. I also do the same with HIIT training. It seems like the harder I train, the harder it is to lose weight.
Desired State and Questions:
- I’d like to get down to 180 lbs. I fully realize that body composition is more important than weight, but I weighed 165 when I got out of college and was pretty ripped. I think 180 is attainable. To be clear my goal is fat loss.
- Weight Watchers was helpful for losing weight - I know I lost a lot of muscle on it. Further, it’s changed since i did it and don’t think it’s really meant for men - if it ever was. Also, at 200 lbs, I was still pretty much skinny fat.
- What do you recommend in terms of diet? Judging by what I’ve said above, do you think I’m simply eating too little or too much?
- What do you recommend in terms of training plan?