41% of Births end in Abortion...100%

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So basically, fake “women’s health clinics” are allowed to pretend that they provide abortion services when in reality they don’t, and then string women along until the pregnancy is too far along to terminate? If I remember correctly, that’s what this measure was intended to prevent.

Are lying and deception lesser sins to you Catholics, Chris? Or are they, like cultus of dead popes, just one of those little hypocrisies you’re willing to overlook or rationalize away?[/quote]

Oh honey, don’t bother trying to use logic on the religious whack jobs. You know as well as I do that there is no place for logic in their super moral jeebus fantasyland. [/quote]

Nor is there a place for spiritual matters in your land of pop culture and shifting moral values.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So basically, fake “women’s health clinics” are allowed to pretend that they provide abortion services when in reality they don’t, and then string women along until the pregnancy is too far along to terminate? If I remember correctly, that’s what this measure was intended to prevent.

Are lying and deception lesser sins to you Catholics, Chris? Or are they, like cultus of dead popes, just one of those little hypocrisies you’re willing to overlook or rationalize away?[/quote]

Oh honey, don’t bother trying to use logic on the religious whack jobs. You know as well as I do that there is no place for logic in their super moral jeebus fantasyland. [/quote]

Nor is there a place for spiritual matters in your land of pop culture and shifting moral values.
[/quote]

Actually, I come from The Land of Science and Barbells. Over there we value logic and are far too self-centered to give two shits about things that will never personally affect us. I’m sure these things are quite foreign to the PWI regulars, but I guess thats why I like it so much.

Oh honey, don’t bother trying to use logic on the religious whack jobs. [/quote]

Whack jobs? It’s secular logic and ‘morality’ that’s lead to 41% of pregnancies being terminated. Who are the whack jobs, today? As you said in your followup, you don’t care about what doesn’t personally affect you. Of that, there’s no doubt at all.

41% percent ending in abortion, and people want to make something else the story? Wow. I’d rather be a ‘whackjob’ than an inhuman monster any day of the week, thank you very much.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[/quote]

Actually, I come from The Land of Science and Barbells. Over there we value logic and are far too self-centered to give two shits about things that will never personally affect us. I’m sure these things are quite foreign to the PWI regulars, but I guess thats why I like it so much. [/quote]

So in other words I was correct in my first assumption. Thank you for the verification and please continue posting you entertain me.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
41% percent ending in abortion, and people want to make something else the story? Wow. I’d rather be a ‘whackjob’ than an inhuman monster any day of the week, thank you very much.[/quote]

If it wasn’t for you and your God things would be better around here. LOL…you gotta love some of these kids. No, really hopefully they’ll live through the cloud of fart dust that they’ve been inhaling.

From what I’ve read, religion hasn’t done a whole lot to bring the abortion rate down:

Who’s having abortions (religion)?
Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as “Born-again/Evangelical”.

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

Also, in my life I’ve met two women who have had abortions and they’ve both have had 2 each. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of the abortions are repeat users of abortion as mentioned earlier.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
From what I’ve read, religion hasn’t done a whole lot to bring the abortion rate down:

Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as “Born-again/Evangelical”.

[/quote]

It doesn’t matter what they identify themselves as. Abortion has no place in the Christian world. These stats mean nothing to me outside of religious heritage. Claiming the religious affiliation of one’s ancestors, without stepping foot in church (well, maybe to hear the purty music at the Christmas service) is one of the more common encounters in the country today. Show me a survey that compares attendance, and we’d have something. What we do know is that abortion is outside of Christian morality. However, it is a supposedly a legitimate choice in the country’s secular culture/democracy.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So basically, fake “women’s health clinics” are allowed to pretend that they provide abortion services when in reality they don’t, and then string women along until the pregnancy is too far along to terminate? If I remember correctly, that’s what this measure was intended to prevent.[/quote]

I think you forgot Roe v. Wade, there is no ‘too late’ except after they have given birth to the child according to the Supreme Court.

Are you mad? It seems that you’re pissed off that a pregnancy center’s first priority might be to actually bring the pregnancy to full term and keep both the mother and child healthy, rather than you know killing babies and endangering the mother? Kind of goes against pregnancy to be killing babies.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

So you disagree with Christopher Hitchens, too?

Just for reference…you were the first one to bring up religion and in an illogical ad hominem attack at that.

Now, if you want to use logic we can have a civil discourse. Would you like to have one or would you like to continue with your attacks on our persons instead of putting forth some kind of argument.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, they identify themselves as something, doesn’t mean they follow the teachings. Second, not everyone was taught right. I know some Jews that eat pork, I know some Mormons that get drunk off their ass every weekend when they go up to Wyoming, and I know some Muslims who eat a juicy rare rib-eye steak when on business trips.

However, pro-life religions in this country have done many things to make abortion illegal, and we won’t stop until things are put back in order.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Yes, they identify themselves as something, doesn’t mean they follow the teachings. Second, not everyone was taught right. I know some Jews that eat pork, I know some Mormons that get drunk off their ass every weekend when they go up to Wyoming, and I know some Muslims who eat a juicy rare rib-eye steak when on business trips.

However, pro-life religions in this country have done many things to make abortion illegal, and we won’t stop until things are put back in order.[/quote]

I see business opportunities.

Abortion cruises for well off women, the coat hanger industry will absorb the demand from all others.

Abortion has been around about as long as pre-martial sex.
Neither is going away anytime soon.

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
Abortion has been around about as long as pre-martial sex.
Neither is going away anytime soon.[/quote]

Yes, so has murder and disobedience. But, both of those we shouldn’t condone.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Well that’s because abortion isn’t a religion issue, it’s a life or death issue. Far to often people associate the abortion date with religion, I don’t at all. I submit that if you are against the unjustified killing of human beings, you must also be against abortion for that’s what it is.
I have mat some pro-abortionists who agree it’s murder, but they consider ok to kill these humans and they said as much. It may surprise you that I actually don’t have a beef with these people because they are honest about what it is. Well, I don’t have a beef so long as they don’t actually do it.
For the record, there is only one circumstance for which abortion is acceptable and that is when the life of the mother is in jeopardy.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Well that’s because abortion isn’t a religion issue, it’s a life or death issue. Far to often people associate the abortion date with religion, I don’t at all. I submit that if you are against the unjustified killing of human beings, you must also be against abortion for that’s what it is.
I have mat some pro-abortionists who agree it’s murder, but they consider ok to kill these humans and they said as much. It may surprise you that I actually don’t have a beef with these people because they are honest about what it is. Well, I don’t have a beef so long as they don’t actually do it.
For the record, there is only one circumstance for which abortion is acceptable and that is when the life of the mother is in jeopardy.
[/quote]

i agree, there are certainly, extreme situations ragarding mothers life, rape,etc., but as im sure you would agree, you can never really argue a side just on extremes

[quote]xfactor3236 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

i agree, there are certainly, extreme situations ragarding mothers life, rape,etc., but as im sure you would agree, you can never really argue a side just on extremes
[/quote]

I can. There is absolutely no occasions that abortion is justified.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]xfactor3236 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can. There is absolutely no occasions that abortion is justified.[/quote]

Even if the mother will die? what if there is no one else for the child? HIV born babies or other deadly diseases?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless you believe that human beings have a soul that makes them extra special there really is no reason to equate a fertilized egg with a human being.

So yes, this is a religious issue.

Most Jews for example have a much more relaxed approach when it comes to abortion and embryonic stem cell research but they also have clear instructions in their religious texts that an embryo is not a full person.