405lbs Deadlift

Finally. I got 405lbs! BW at 194lbs right now, but I got a 20-25 pound tire around my belly right now. I should be down around 170ish. But 4 plates on each side. It was a good feeling. I started at 355lbs towards the end of january, and was expecting to be at 405 around the end of the year, but here it is. Well, next stop, 450, then 495! I also need to get my squat up. I’m around 330, so I want to hit that 355lbs by the end of the year. Hopefully I can get rid of the fat too, but we’ll worry about that later. Well, just thought I’d let you guys here about my training and results.

Congratulations! That’s about 2/3 more than I can lift (but I’m recovering from a bad back injury). Keep up the good work!

Nice! I’ll be shooting for 415 in about 8 weeks. :-/ Heh.

I’m actually more impressed by your dunk.

Congrats man. 405 lbs are still in my wet dreams.

You have wet dreams about deadlifting 405…dude you need a girlfriend!!

nah jk, nice lift, hopefully that’s in my not too distant future as well.

Nice job. What’s the next deadlift milestone?

Nice lifting. I’m sitting where you were in January (355), hopefully I’ll be joining the 4 plate club soon too.

[quote]Otep wrote:
I’m actually more impressed by your dunk.[/quote]

I wish that was my dunking. I believe you’re referring to my avatar. That’s Spud Webb. I want to get that explosive so seeing it keeps my motivation up. My vertical jump is only around 28’’ or 29’’ right now. I need to get up around 37’’ to dunk. I’m only 5’7’‘-5’8’'.

Great job on the lift. Do you take any supplements by the way ?

good job man. I hope to be there sometime soon. I just hit 300 myself about a week and a half ago. I had my friend tape me and I threw it up on Youtube but I don’t want to derail the thread in my favor haha.

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
Great job on the lift. Do you take any supplements by the way ? [/quote]

I don’t take supplements. My diet is crap. I should clean it up, but it’s kind of hard since I’ll allergic to so many things. I tried taking protein before, but it did not agree with my body and I had an allergic reaction. Also, I can’t afford it. I wish I could though. My gains would be a lot more.

[quote]willxcore wrote:
good job man. I hope to be there sometime soon. I just hit 300 myself about a week and a half ago. I had my friend tape me and I threw it up on Youtube but I don’t want to derail the thread in my favor haha.[/quote]

Put the link up. I like seeing other push themselves. Any time you get PR’s is good. I wish I had a camera so I could post my lifts.

Congrats man! I remember my first time pulling 405 it was a great feeling.

495 feels even better :slight_smile:

Alright, if you insist :slight_smile:

the first half of the vid is just me kind of getting myself ready so sorry if it seems like it takes forever. if you read the extra info, i did 2 sets before that, too.

Congrats bro! Now go get yourself a 400lb deadlift club t-shirt.

Very nice man! I screwed up my PR attempt on the DL by just rack pulling for like 2 months so I was only able to get 425, but It feels awesome to break that 400 pound mark! I want to get to the 600lb mark, my god that would be sweet.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
Nice! I’ll be shooting for 415 in about 8 weeks. :-/ Heh.

[/quote]

I’m actually thinking about doing 415lbs next week. Haha. Hopefully it works out.

congrats! I’m still on 250. Hopefully 300 by the end of the summer. Keep up the hard work