T Nation

405 x 10 Squat

405x10 Squat on third set… What do you think my 1rm is? Can anyone accurately calculate this? And yes I am bragging.

With that figure you gave, you should be able to squat a grand with no problem. You’re probably closer to maxing out with 1300#. Please try it on your next leg day just to make sure.

Why not find out? Give yourself 5 days from the last time you squatted, and go for max…then you can really brag!

[quote]meangenes wrote:
405x10 Squat on third set… What do you think my 1rm is? Can anyone accurately calculate this? And yes I am bragging.[/quote]

Who knows. Who cares. If you want to find out what your 1 rep max is try working up to a 1 rep max. trying to calculate it from 10 reps is pointless. Just add some weight on the bar and go for it

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It probably depends largely on depth.

For instance, I know some fuckers who could do 495x20. The only problem is, their idea of a squat “to parallel” is bending the knees. Slightly. Like, you have to really watch to see it.

I’m not really accusing you of doing this (maybe a little), but I’m going to suggest you post a video of your three sets of 405x10. This would help me better guess your 1RM.

Going to have to wait until Thursday on that video. Nah I’m no ass-to-the-grounder or anything but I get 90 degrees.

537.5lbs

yeah get a video man, im not doubting you at all I just like to watch video’s of people lifting haha. I’d say your definaetly over 500, especially if you did it for 3 sets and not one max set of 10. Keep it up!

I’d like to add that I don’t think this can be calculated with any accuracy whatsoever.

Seriously man, if you’re squatting 405x10 to depth, you know what you’re doing by now, and you know that you need to train low reps to get the max out of low reps. You should also know that your rep work may or may not be significantly lower than a 1RM.

Old thread but ahh…

Got that video?

[quote]n3wb wrote:
Old thread but ahh…

Got that video?[/quote]

Yeah lets see it/

[quote]n3wb wrote:
Old thread but ahh…

Got that video?[/quote]

Of course not, this is the internet damn it.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
meangenes wrote:
405x10 Squat on third set… What do you think my 1rm is? Can anyone accurately calculate this? And yes I am bragging.

Normally I wouldn’t comment on such things. But in this case I’ll make an exception.

Post a video. [/quote]

just because something is not filmed does not mean it didn’t happen. for people who CAN squat 405 x 10 (or more) this is not all that unbelieveable. not everyone feels the need to film themselves. some of us concentrate on TRAINING as opposed to videography.

[quote]DS 007 wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
meangenes wrote:

Normally I wouldn’t comment on such things. But in this case I’ll make an exception.

Post a video.

just because something is not filmed does not mean it didn’t happen. for people who CAN squat 405 x 10 (or more) this is not all that unbelieveable. not everyone feels the need to film themselves. some of us concentrate on TRAINING as opposed to videography.
[/quote]

Very true, however the OP started the thread by saying “yes I’m bragging”, and then said he would post a video on Thursday.

The video would be helpful to know if he’s 1/4 squatting or going to full depth.

And I’d agree with the comment that if you are squatting 405x10 then you probably have a good idea what your max is or at least how to calculate it.

[quote]Modi wrote:
DS 007 wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
meangenes wrote:

Post a video.

Very true, however the OP started the thread by saying “yes I’m bragging”, and then said he would post a video on Thursday.

The video would be helpful to know if he’s 1/4 squatting or going to full depth.

And I’d agree with the comment that if you are squatting 405x10 then you probably have a good idea what your max is or at least how to calculate it.[/quote]

Based on some of the “form advice” this goofball has given other lifters I would be willing to wager something substantial he is nose bleed high. Hell, he probably needs a sherpa to help him out of the rack.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Hell, he probably needs a sherpa to help him out of the rack.

[/quote]

That cracked me up!

[quote]DS 007 wrote:

[/quote]

To be hoenst I agree with this. When I first saw the title I just sorta thought “so what, that’s hardly a big deal”. And I still think the same.

I’m not capable of replicating the feat but I’ve seen far more impressve squatting perfromances in the gym.

Now, whether or not the OP actually did them to good depth or not is the issue. But like I said, even if it was done to say powerlifting depth, I wouldn’t be overly impressed by it.

526.5 for a 1RM by my calculations based on some formula I got stuck in my spreadsheet.

should be able to do 3 with 500
5 with 450

but who knows. Thing is, if you find your 10 rep max is very close to your 1 rep max then you are probably quite fast twitch dominant. Your 10 rep max should be approx 75% of your 1RM.

I say, take some time off and go for a 3RM or a 1RM and see and post it, it would be interesting to see. At least, more interesting that the thread so far.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
405x10 Squat on third set… What do you think my 1rm is? Can anyone accurately calculate this? And yes I am bragging.[/quote]

571 according to NSCA.