405 DL. Is Anyone Proud of Me? haha

hey guys im 6’5’’ 194 lbs. and 8 % body fat. last nite i finally pulled (deadlifted) 405 lbs. i always hear the taller u are the harder it is to deadlift properly so the question here is anyone actually impressed?

also dickhead comments arent needed. but constructive criticism cant hurt :smiley:

good work!
its always a good feeling to hit personal high marks, no matter the field of endeavor.

how long of steady deadlifting has it taken you to work up to that?

If you posted this just with the idea to impress others or get yourself a pat on the back, you must have not followed the way other similar threads headed.

If you did it with the idea to mark your progress, and you are determined to make yourself stronger, healthier and better looking, that’s good, you’ll get plenty of good advice.

Assuming it’s the latter, 2xBW is not bad for beginner/intermediate, what are your other 1RMs?

No. You suck. Go look for accolades from your mommy.

I celebrate any time I ad a plate to any lift, so congrats.

my other 1RMs are bench: 265 lbs, squat: 365 lbs., shoulder press: 155 lbs. ( i know my shoulders are weak)… ive been steadily deadlifting for about 3 months ( actually caring about the weights now ) … i did do this basically to mark progress and compare and contrast with others to see how i fare, thanks to all except mmllcc lol

Nice lift. I’m going for 405 by the end of the 10 week C-P cycle i’m starting soon.

taller people=better deadlift from what i hear. You get more leverage on the bar.

Better leverage on the bar? WTF are you smoking?

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Nice lift. I’m going for 405 by the end of the 10 week C-P cycle i’m starting soon.

taller people=better deadlift from what i hear. You get more leverage on the bar.[/quote]

lol better leverage? leverage to do what, destroy your back?

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

taller people=better deadlift from what i hear. You get more leverage on the bar.[/quote]

long arms= better leverage
long torso=bad leverage

Is 405 impressive? No, not really

Is it a good lift, and accomplishment? Yes, getting a big pr especially when adding another plate is a great accomplishment for anyone. So good job on the lift.

Whats really important is how was your form during the lift? Also did you use straps? Those two things if you used straps and hitched a lot could add 100lbs or so to your deadlift.

So make sure you have solid form and avoid the straps for the most part-since your posting in strength form, you want big forearms and strong grip-

As for the height issue, lifting in general is harder for a taller athlete just like adding mass. Its not a huge difference for the most part and you should not put much thought into it.

congrats man! i remember how stoked i was when i pulled 400… then when i tried for 450 i pretty much blew out a disc and am now doing about half the weight lol. but keep up the good work, keep us posted.

nice lift man. i went for a pr @ 425 and my grip gave out today. looks like a lot of ppl were trying to rock dl pr today. congrats again!

[quote]shizen wrote:

Whats really important is how was your form during the lift? Also did you use straps? Those two things if you used straps and hitched a lot could add 100lbs or so to your deadlift.
[/quote]

there is no way straps+ hitching will make a 305 deadlifter a 405 deadlifter. You have to get the bar off the fucking ground before you even have a chance to hitch.
I can DL my max with a mixed grip, so how are straps goign to add any weight?

At 6’5" I’m impressed that you’re deadlifting and still only 194lbs.
:P.

Seriously, height can be an advantage if you pull conventional, and have long arms and legs. I’d consider 440 to be good starting point if you don’t have atrocious leverage. Your squat and bench I’d rank as better than your dead if they are legit. Height tends to make them a lot harder.

P.S. Eat more!

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
shizen wrote:

there is no way straps+ hitching will make a 305 deadlifter a 405 deadlifter. You have to get the bar off the fucking ground before you even have a chance to hitch.
I can DL my max with a mixed grip, so how are straps goign to add any weight?[/quote]

grip is a limiting factor for many people, you also pull double overhand which is less distance. Also the straps help a lot in hitching. If you really try to muscle it up if you can get it to your knee you can hitch it up. I’ve seen some pretty awful form where high school kids have muscled up more weight then they could, and usually end up hurting themselves.

You are probably more weary of horrible form and avoid it once the weight feels too heavy.

Ive pulled 359x5 with double overhand with just chalk, no belt, no straps, and it was really tough at a bw of 175.

Props to you for being able to pull 405. Anyone who can do 2x their bw raw on any lift is strong if its proper form. Having long arms will net you bigger prs in the long run of your training. Just be smart about your progressions and you will be successful.

Train your biggest weakness though(you say its shoulders). Push presses will really help you this department to get you used to heavier weights, then your press will shoot up just from the overload.

If its a PR then congrats are in order, regardless of structure- you got a PR! Be proud!

[quote]smokotime wrote:

P.S. Eat more![/quote]

IM TRYING!!!

thanks again to everyone… i find im stronger wit a staggered grip and i went strapless i never use straps because my grip is lacking in accordance to how much weight i use for my back. and form was legit some guy came up to me and shook my hand after lol

Always feels good putting another 45 on the bar. Now you have to pull 495.