405 Deadlift After 6 Weeks @ 150lbs

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/results/2002/2002HighSchoolNationals.shtml

It is in kilos so do the conversion step; however, these are good deadlifters.

Jonathan Huczko 16 years old 501 pound deadlift.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
I don’t think people are giving you enough credit. [/quote]

This is because EVERYONE on this forum supposedly dead lifts, , at a minimum, 405. Because of this fantasy, no one appreciates how truly awesome the OP’s dead lift would be - if the OP is telling the truth.

Personally, I put the OP’s post in the “extraordinary claim” category. If he’s truly pulling that kind of weight, mad propers to him. But I’m skeptical.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Tim Henriques wrote:
I don’t think people are giving you enough credit.

This is because EVERYONE on this forum supposedly dead lifts, , at a minimum, 405. Because of this fantasy, no one appreciates how truly awesome the OP’s dead lift would be - if the OP is telling the truth.

Personally, I put the OP’s post in the “extraordinary claim” category. If he’s truly pulling that kind of weight, mad propers to him. But I’m skeptical. [/quote]

Me too, especially since he said he was doing rep work with 205 on squats.

Skepticism is good, guys.

But don’t worry, you’ll get your video.

As for my age and training time, you’ll just have to take my word I guess.

If Diesel Weasel can DL 500+ lbs at a BW of 168lbs then WTF is so unbelievable about this lift?

[quote]Racarnus wrote:

But don’t worry, you’ll get your video.[/quote]

You need not prove anything to me or anyone else. If you are telling the truth, you should find a crew of power lifters - as you could indeed be something special. A 400 dead lift @ 150 for a complete beginner is in the land of freakish. So, seriously, find a crew of PL’ers near where you live and go from there.

Lulz about 4 months back I tried deadlifts for the first time ever and pulled 380lbs by end of my first session for 4 reps - at a bodyweight of 180lbs… I was pretty happy with that. Next stop is a 3x bodyweight deadlift!

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Racarnus wrote:

But don’t worry, you’ll get your video.

You need not prove anything to me or anyone else. If you are telling the truth, you should find a crew of power lifters - as you could indeed be something special. A 400 dead lift @ 150 for a complete beginner is in the land of freakish. So, seriously, find a crew of PL’ers near where you live and go from there.[/quote]

If it’s freakish I’d like to prove it. Besides I got you guys whooped up.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Tim Henriques wrote:
I don’t think people are giving you enough credit.

Personally, I put the OP’s post in the “extraordinary claim” category. If he’s truly pulling that kind of weight, mad propers to him. But I’m skeptical.

Me too, especially since he said he was doing rep work with 205 on squats.[/quote]

I’m squating 295 three times for my last set and i can barely deadlift 300 pounds at 150 pounds. :frowning: (im a beginner in conventional deadlifts too btw. I always used to do the trap bar deadlift like squats.)

Here’s the video:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1659173

[quote]Racarnus wrote:
Here’s the video:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1659173[/quote]

Thats some rounded back action!

But I’d probably just about get that but my DL is somewhat cack.

It’s a lot of weight for 150lbs. Not normal in any gym. Very good numbers.

Your not using much of your legs as evident by the straightness of your legs to start and pulling with a rounded back. If it works for you and you stay injury free it’s all good.

Koing

Read Eric Cressey’s deadlifting series.
Glute- activation exercises have had good carryover to my lockout.
I am not a good deadlifter but perhaps try pushing your heels into the ground more to stop the knees coming in.

V strong for 150lb . You have a good deadlifting build. long arms shortish back.