T Nation

405 Deadlift After 6 Weeks @ 150lbs

Is a 405 deadlift after 4 months of general training and a 6 weeks of deadlifting at a bodyweight of 150 lbs anything special?

I feel surprised and pleased with my fast progress, but I’m wondering how commonplace this is before I decide to feel too terrific.

Edit: Raw, no belt, no straps etc…

at 150lb it’s pretty good. Won’t win any comps, but it’s near 3x bodyweight, and that’s always respectable. Also seems you are pretty gifted with lifting to be doing that after only 4 months of lifting any weights at all.

Yes its damn good for that BW and that short of time. But now keep rollin

Phill

Go find the “315 deadlifts ARE inspirational” thread and please slap that guy with your dick. Good work.

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
Go find the “315 deadlifts ARE inspirational” thread and please slap that guy with your dick. Good work.[/quote]

That guy just got owned and he dosent even know it.

I would say if you have not been squating and doing other leg exercises it is really good. I don’t know your age or anything and age has alot to do with strength so it is hard to jugde. I would say if you are 14-16 that is good. If you have been working out for a while not talking about deadlift but weightlifting/powerlifting in general…I would say a little bit above average.

That’s pretty good. What’s your age and height? Have you ever deadlifted before those 6 weeks? Nonetheless, still pretty impressive at that bodyweight and that amount of time.

what was your max before you started lifting? that’s an impressive gain!

Wow, you gain fast. After less than 6 months, you’re able to lift that much with your bodyweight?

now you are taking roids ain’t you … ha ha joking. keep it up. more then 2.5x body weight is quite rare from where i’m from…

I’m 19 and 5-8. I think I deadlifted once or twice before June of this summer. I’m at a crappy college gym where no one deadlifts, so I have to take a barbell from a squat or bench rack.

It was time consuming to set the whole thing up, and when I deadlifted, it was noisy and everyone would stare, which bothered me at the time. Plus, I figured I could just squat. Both worked the posterior chain and quads right?

In June I decided to give deadlifting a another try. As soon as I did I realized I had been seriously missing out. I loved it. It became my favorite exercise. Now if only my squat would catch up. I haven’t tested my max in a while, but I did rep work at 205 last time.

I’d also like to know what your starting weight was. Another reason this milestone is awesome for you is that we all know you can’t really cheat at the deadlift. This isn’t a quarter squat your bragging about or a bench max you got from lowering the bar two inches. The Deadlift is beautiful because you either can pick up the bar or you can’t. There’s not much room for interpretation.

I don’t think people are giving you enough credit. 405 raw at 150 is very good. The fact that you are only 19 and have only been training that lift for a few months is even better. Just FYI, a 405 deadlift would put you in the top 20 raw deads for 148’s on powerliftingwatch.com, with 523 being the best so far this year and 380 making the list. So yeah, I would say that is good. This is assuming good form of course, since we don’t have a video.

Bottomline, keep up with it (and your squat, that is a little low for your deadlift). Good luck with your training.

Yep that is a really good lift for the amount of training you have and bodyweight and you probably have a tonne of potential you LUCKY BASTARD! AND YOU ARE YOUNG TOO!

Make sure you keep a really good log of what you are doing if only for posterity.

You will stall at some point (I guess???) and need to take a more scientific approach but that might be a year away.

But seriously you might have a lot of potential so stick with it and see where you end up.

Unbelievable (IMO).

Now get a t-shirt saying Deadlift Or Die.

Do you have a video or picture of the lift?

I’m going to do it again and create a video. Expect to see it posted this week. :slight_smile:

[quote]n3wb wrote:
fightingtiger wrote:
Go find the “315 deadlifts ARE inspirational” thread and please slap that guy with your dick. Good work.

That guy just got owned and he dosent even know it.[/quote]

I do know it, because I’m the one who said it, and I’m just now reading this. :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot of ectomorphs have a sort of freakish strength that defies their size and build. Look at how Anderson Silva, so lean looking, defeated Nate Marquardt. On the flipside, there are lots of endomorphs who theoretically should have a bit of supporting muscle on their large frames, but just don’t. I’m like this, and my first deadlift was 135, first bench was 95, etc.

It’s very impressive to lift so much so soon. Thank your parents for your genes. Did you know you are almost as strong as Matt Hughs on the deadlift, yet walk around 40 pounds lighter? After less than a year of training? You’re a freak. :slight_smile:

www.matt-hughes.com/askmatt.html

can we see a video of the lift? not that i think your lieing i would just like to see it

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
n3wb wrote:
fightingtiger wrote:

That guy just got owned and he dosent even know it.

I do know it, because I’m the one who said it, and I’m just now reading this. :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot of ectomorphs have a sort of freakish strength that defies their size and build. Look at how Anderson Silva, so lean looking, defeated Nate Marquardt. On the flipside, there are lots of endomorphs who theoretically should have a bit of supporting muscle on their large frames, but just don’t. I’m like this, and my first deadlift was 135, first bench was 95, etc.

It’s very impressive to lift so much so soon. Thank your parents for your genes. Did you know you are almost as strong as Matt Hughs on the deadlift, yet walk around 40 pounds lighter? After less than a year of training? You’re a freak. :slight_smile:

www.matt-hughes.com/askmatt.html[/quote]

Your comparisons are fucking retarded. Try not to post as much. Matt Hughes was a wrestler not a powerlifter…