405 Deadlift, 225 Squat

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I found that walking lunges really opened up my hips and stretched my hamstrings. After about a month of lunges 2x weekly I added 100 lbs to my squat. All programming. [/quote]

…And then he added 100 pounds to his squat in one month. Does this seem odd?
[/quote]

not really. If something was really holding him back, addressing the problem can be like freaking magic.[/quote]
Yep. Pussies gonna hate.

As mentioned, it wasn’t a “strength” gain per se.

Edit: to whom it may concern, coming out of the hole I would pull left, felt like a rubber band pulling me more so than a weak point. Moving up my body would over compensate and I did a little wiggle at the midpoint of the movement; costing strength and no doubt setting me up for injury.

Anyways, the lunges really opened up my hips and stretched my hamstrings. If it makes a reader feel better, you could say I was then able to squat to my existing level of strength instead of under it. Whatever makes you happy.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
lol wat? why are people saying you shouldnt be feeling quads? you should feel EVERYTHING[/quote]

Louie Simmons sycophants. That post was almost word-for-word a Louie Simmons copy/paste, despite being nearly irrelevant to raw squatting.

OMG i can squat more than i can deadlift.Keep in mind that eeven if you do them right you wont feel much in your quads unless you use olympic weightlifting shoes with a medium or close stance(beware of the close stance its kinda ard on the knee joints for some)