40+ Yr Olds - Your Favored Supplement?

^^^ try also looking up Forma Stanzol online. You will enjoy it. Legal also. :slight_smile:

^Have you used this Fish? If so, what did you think of it? Noticeable changes of any sort? Were you using it w/anything else?

Just read up on it, surprised when I saw it was a spray.

Check your pm inbox print

OP here.

Could I get the same info, please.

Appreciate it. Thanks.

[quote]MO wrote:
Or better yet, which supplements do you find are the most important to your progress?
Protein/post workout shakes? T-boosters? Recovery aids? Multi-vitamins?
I’m 46 and just getting back into lifting several years away from the iron.
Using the 5/3/1 and doing hill sprints 3 days a week.
I’m already noticing I’m a little sorer than I used to get, a little slower making recovering, and gains come little slower. Just wondering what others in this age group find important
and useful. Thanks.

Mo[/quote]

What makes a huge difference is the fish oil, which I buy in the large containers from Costco. Took my triglycerides from over 300 to 100.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[quote]MO wrote:
Or better yet, which supplements do you find are the most important to your progress?
I’m already noticing I’m a little sorer than I used to get, a little slower making recovering, and gains come little slower. Just wondering what others in this age group find important
and useful. Thanks.

Mo[/quote]

What makes a huge difference is the fish oil, which I buy in the large containers from Costco. Took my triglycerides from over 300 to 100. [/quote]

What is your daily intake of fish oil?
I’m hit or miss with it depending on if I remember to take it. Need to be more consistent.

Well, here is what I have settled on for now. I am taking a dose of whey protein in a pwo shake, 1600 mg fish oil morning and night, 1600 iu D-3 morning and night, and trying to eat really healthy with lots of protein, lots of veggies, and little carbs from pasta, bread, and the like. I’ve also ordered a bottle of the T-Bol, and will be starting that probably next week and see how that works.

Protein
Creatine
BCAA’s
Fishy Oil
Aspirin/NSAID’s
Sleep

I am researching BCAA’s and they are probably in my near future. Don’t know enough about them or how/when to use them yet. Still digging. Yeah, aspirin. I guess I should be eating one of them a day, too. Just for general principles (and my heart!)

^I’m interested in knowing that too. How many BCAA’s a day? I see some guys post on here that they eat them all day.

^ We have discussed this before in this forum, my suggestions is 81 mg enteric coated aspirin.

^Yeah, but I never come in here until recently. Never realized you geritol folk could remember that much.

Now are you saying aspirin over bcaa’s? & what the hell is 81 mg enteric? Thank you friend.

[quote]print wrote:
^Yeah, but I never come in here until recently. Never realized you geritol folk could remember that much.

Now are you saying aspirin over bcaa’s? & what the hell is 81 mg enteric? Thank you friend.[/quote]

Any time friend. No the bcaa’s take separate. At your uh… cough age Bayer makes an asprin that is made for preventative medicine its a baby asprin 81 mg, enteric coated means it will not break down in the stomach but the intestine thus not causing ulcers. Also the full 325 mg regular asprin increase bleeding time to much, so shaving will be a bitch and dead lift will leave your shins a mess.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ We have discussed this before in this forum, my suggestions is 81 mg enteric coated aspirin. [/quote]

This. And water water water lots of water. And fish oil, glucosamine, multi, whey and casein.

I found through the years that it almost doesn’t matter which supplements that I take if my diet is not spot on. By spot on I mean 8-10 fruits and vegetables per day. Does that seem like a lot to you guys? Try it.

As for one supplement that really made a difference in my life, that would be Wobenzyme. It is nothing short of amazing for reducing inflammation over a period of time.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[quote]MO wrote:
and useful. Thanks.

Mo[/quote]

What makes a huge difference is the fish oil, which I buy in the large containers from Costco. Took my triglycerides from over 300 to 100. [/quote]

I am not familiar with Costco products so forgive me for asking if you already have a handle on this. But, does the fish oil that you take “pharmecuitical grade”? If not what methods are listed on the bottle to assure purity? Some companies are well known for not removing environmental toxins and other contaminants.

They may help you in the short term but could cause other problems down the road.

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

[quote]MO wrote:
and useful. Thanks.

Mo[/quote]

I’m taking three a day (three 1 gram/1000 milligram). Just toss them down before breakfast with everything else.

What is your daily intake of fish oil?
I’m hit or miss with it depending on if I remember to take it. Need to be more consistent.[/quote]

[quote]print wrote:
Yeah, but I never come in here until recently. Never realized you geritol folk could remember that much.
[/quote]

That’s cool-- good to see you!

So, have you been coming in here long?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

Now are you saying aspirin over bcaa’s? & what the hell is 81 mg enteric? Thank you friend.[/quote]

Any time friend. No the bcaa’s take separate. At your uh… cough age Bayer makes an asprin that is made for proventative medicine its a baby asprin 81 mg, enteric coated means it will not break down in the stomach but the intestine thus not causing ulcers. Also the full 325 mg regular asprin increase bleeding time to much, so shaving will be a bitch and dead lift will leave your shins a mess. [/quote]

x2. And water. LOTS of water. My performance and recovery both suffer if I’m not well hydrated

crap. double post.

^Thanks Pops.