40 Years Young - First Cycle

Adding 2 more pics i just took, flexing this time. Mind you the original pic was 2 weeks prior.

As far as cardio goes, I’ve done minimal, just maybe 40-50 min a week.

Thank you ALL for the replies. I currently work bodyparts 2x a week - 1 day strength 1 day hyp. the 7th day is usually a day where im active either walking or playing ball. My lifts have gone up during this cycle for sure.

The biggest factor in development is are you consistently doing more (progressive overload). It can be more volume, more weight, less rest, etc…

Focus on that, and you will most likely get better. Focus on that off cycle too.

Guys like @blshaw do a portion of the year doing powerlifting, and a portion doing bbing. It works. When someone does this they come back to bbing and can use more weight for higher reps. I do it too, but I wouldn’t classify my volume periods as bbing.

1 Like

Some fat, Some water.

Lot of water retention from the testosterone can go to the midsection, wouldn’t worry too much about it, will drop off later.

Also I would just bulk up and use the remaining 4 weeks to try to add as much muscle tissue as possible, you can always cut another time, I think it would be a waste to miss out on some more good gains in trade for a tiny bit of fat loss.

Off cycle, the gains were minimal but they were going in the right direction. On cycle, my #'s have gone up for all lifts/accessories based on volume and intensity. I keep adding weight each time to force progression.

Yea, I was going to say this… He looks to be about 20-23%… I’d say 20… Most dramatically overestimate how lean they actually are. “visible abs” probably means about 15%… Look at @blshaw’s avatar, that’s what 14% roughly looks like

Looking good my friend… is your avatar an “after cut” photo?

1 Like

Haha, just my #goals!

I did just cut for 3 weeks, gonna drop few more pounds then stop.

0.5mg Anastrozole EOD is a really high dose. I’d get your Estradiol level checked. You need Estradiol for muscle growth and fat loss ability.

It was a really bad idea to do 500mg for your first cycle. 250mg would have been more than enough. Even then, you were not ready to cycle. Had you checked your natural hormone levels? TRT may have been the better option. Also, get your thyroid and cortisol levels checked as well.

I think you meant to tag someone else.

Just confirming here. Are you saying you work out only twice/2 days a week? Or that you workout 6 days and alternate training.