T Nation

40 Y/O Womans Jrny on Steroids

Ok fellows, I’ve been using anavar for about 2 weeks now. First of all and the most important I am now pain free for the first time in 10 years. My neck doesn’t hurt, I’ve never been this mobile in a decade. I’m taking 10 mg a day of it. The downside is my stomach hurt for a few days and I feel bloated. I have the infamous" pooch". I’ve gained about a pound so far and am thrilled. I also seem to be on the edge in regards to my attitude. Now without getting offtrack and talking about “YOUR” tans I need some feedback about what excerises regiment i should follow that is geared to my supplement I’m taking. I feel I hit a plateau and am learning more than I ever could have imagined. Please guide me in the right direction.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The bloating is exactly why my wife prefers winstrol over var.

as for training, Just continue your regimine as you were natural.

Many people get the believe that just because they are on vitamin ‘s’ now that they suddenly have an ‘S’ on their chest.

This is not the case. It doesn’t turn you into a superhero, you can still over train and still get injured e.t.c

just continue to train smart, and listen to you body.

Could one in fact argue that supplementing with ‘vitamin s’ makes you more prone to injury? Mind you, I am not saying that since I don’t do steroids and people who do will say that is all up to you and how you train.

it can happen if you think you are a hero and do something stupid. I have heard stories from a couple guys who torn their biceps muscle on gear because they went too heavy.

I would just like to ask that you please keep posting! Thank you!

[quote]ninjazx10r wrote:
Ok fellows, I’ve been using anavar for about 2 weeks now. First of all and the most important I am now pain free for the first time in 10 years. My neck doesn’t hurt, I’ve never been this mobile in a decade. I’m taking 10 mg a day of it. The downside is my stomach hurt for a few days and I feel bloated. I have the infamous" pooch". I’ve gained about a pound so far and am thrilled. I also seem to be on the edge in regards to my attitude. Now without getting offtrack and talking about “YOUR” tans I need some feedback about what excerises regiment i should follow that is geared to my supplement I’m taking. I feel I hit a plateau and am learning more than I ever could have imagined. Please guide me in the right direction.[/quote]

[quote]mdragon wrote:
I would just like to ask that you please keep posting! Thank you!
[/quote]

I agree 100% I am very glad to see a woman here logging and sharing their experience on AAS.

I also find this interesting and would like to follow along. Keep posting!

Very nice to see rational posts about benefits and sides.

listen to p#22, just because you’re using doesn’t make you a superhero. trust your instincts and don’t push yourself too far simply because you’ve got an ace up your sleeve.

keep on training as you normally do and make adjustments as you see fit. nobody can tell you how to train better than you can tell yourself <assuming you’re relatively experienced and in touch with your abilities>.

of course strength gains should come a bit quicker now that you’re assisted, but it still always come down to your judgement. trust your instincts.

[quote]ninjazx10r wrote:
Ok fellows, I’ve been using anavar for about 2 weeks now. First of all and the most important I am now pain free for the first time in 10 years. My neck doesn’t hurt, I’ve never been this mobile in a decade. I’m taking 10 mg a day of it. The downside is my stomach hurt for a few days and I feel bloated. I have the infamous" pooch". I’ve gained about a pound so far and am thrilled. I also seem to be on the edge in regards to my attitude. Now without getting offtrack and talking about “YOUR” tans I need some feedback about what excerises regiment i should follow that is geared to my supplement I’m taking. I feel I hit a plateau and am learning more than I ever could have imagined. Please guide me in the right direction.[/quote]

Thanks for posting. I think that this will be a thread that is particulary interesting to me. I am 48 in Feb., currently undergoing HRT.

I like what has happened with the test boost, but your comment about joints and mobility intrigues me. I can still push a pretty good bench, 360, and still hit a pretty fair squat, 575, (I am a football coach and do that in the weightroom every so often as demonstration, and I make sure that I am Spiked, or use the ECA stack to amp me up.) but as everyone knows, at my age, recovery is a bitch.

I am going to research Anavar, and see if I feel that it could be of benefit to me. I haven’t ever used steroids, but I have always felt that intelligent use wasn’t a bad thing. The counsel that the others on this thread have offered is so true. If a little bit is good, then a lot must be great! This is where the bad things happen. Good Luck, and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Mike

I am also interested in your journey. You are the first woman I have seen post in the steriod forum. I would love to hear about your strength/muscle gains.

Hmm, it’s been a interesting 3 weeks so far. From the time I first got my special goods. It was , what I’ve heard and read about, I’v finally crossed that line that so many people do and have done. To this day I’ve gained 3-4 lbs which is unheard of. My mobility is still good, even though my neck was hurting a few days ago.

My workout routines as far as weight goes, I’ve been getting stronger and stronger. I can now squat using the 45 ld barbell plus 1 10 lb plate on each side using correct form with my ass out and my chest forward like I’m a orangatang.

I’ve become very vascular and am like a eating machine i went from eating maybe one time a day to 5-6 times a day eating clean of course. I’ll post my experience as I go on. I have just one question, what kind of exercises for my arms can i do besides the standard bicep curls that i can start to shock them as well as my ass, back and shoulders.

Wow, I have so much to write back to all the people who have replied to my post.
Today is exactly 14 days and I feel great. My stomach no longer hurts and the bloating is at minimal.
I only feel a little agitated at times and I now know how to channel that energy.
I must say that I had much too high expectations. I guess in my mind I was going to take the vitamins and come out looking like the women in the magazines.
Before the vitamins I weighed a mere 107 lbs, worked out 3 days and week and has 10% body fat. I never went un-noticed when I walked into the gym. Now men and women watch me as I do 50 push-ups at one given time and my abs are rock hard.

I know if everyone has access to this they would go for it.
I have never felt sexier and confident.
I am hungry all the time, so I am still on a very low fat, high protein diet.

I am now changing my work out routine but need lots of help with that. I want to hire a trainer to show me new stuff but I cant afford it right now so I am going to rely on the folks on this fabulous site for guidance.

If you are a woman and you are curious, write to me.
I have experienced no and I say again no male features, this 10mg dose is perfect.

One more quick question! Should I take a suplement for my liver?

[quote]ninjazx10r wrote:
If you are a woman and you are curious, write to me.
I have experienced no and I say again no male features, this 10mg dose is perfect.
[/quote]

If a woman taking steriods is going to experience male side effects (voice or looks) does this usually happen at the beginning of taking steriods or with long term use?

I am glad your experience is positive. Especially, your relief from pain. Has your strength increased? You mentioned doing 50 pushups, were you able to perform that many before the steriods.

[quote]cvb wrote:
If a woman taking steriods is going to experience male side effects (voice or looks) does this usually happen at the beginning of taking steriods or with long term use?[/quote]

It is dose dependent. You could get virulization on the first cycle if your dose is too high.

10mg/day seems to be pretty safe.

[quote]ninjazx10r wrote:
One more quick question! Should I take a suplement for my liver?[/quote]

At 10mg a day you should not be doing any damage to your liver. Taking 2 aspirin, or a couple of advils will probably be harsher on your liver than 10mg of var.

But I could be wrong.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
ninjazx10r wrote:
One more quick question! Should I take a suplement for my liver?

At 10mg a day you should not be doing any damage to your liver. Taking 2 aspirin, or a couple of advils will probably be harsher on your liver than 10mg of var.

But I could be wrong. [/quote]

Probably still wouldn’t hurt to drink plenty of fluids and take some milk thistle. Don’t neglect your veggies and fruits, either… I hear they’re healthy.

[quote]ninjazx10r wrote:
Hmm, it’s been a interesting 3 weeks so far. From the time I first got my special goods. It was , what I’ve heard and read about, I’v finally crossed that line that so many people do and have done. To this day I’ve gained 3-4 lbs which is unheard of. My mobility is still good, even though my neck was hurting a few days ago.

My workout routines as far as weight goes, I’ve been getting stronger and stronger. I can now squat using the 45 ld barbell plus 1 10 lb plate on each side using correct form with my ass out and my chest forward like I’m a orangatang.

I’ve become very vascular and am like a eating machine i went from eating maybe one time a day to 5-6 times a day eating clean of course. I’ll post my experience as I go on. I have just one question, what kind of exercises for my arms can i do besides the standard bicep curls that i can start to shock them as well as my ass, back and shoulders. [/quote]

There is many different variations of exercises you can do for your bicepts, Using dumbels instead of barbels, doing them on a inclined bench vs standing or sitting, and using a preacher bench, or changing your wrists from palms up to thumbs up will give you the variation you need to fully develope this muscle group.

A good investment would be a comprehensive weight training book, that shows all the various standard movements for each bodypart. You can easilly go to a book store such as chapters to pick one up, or even do searches on this site for articles.

Most of the articles on here I will say are for advanced trainers, so don’t feel obligated to follow a routine posted here, i.e. number of reps, weight, sets, e.t.c.