40 Y/O New to TRT + HGH, Concerns About Prolactin & Liver Enzymes

TT=~300
T4 (4.3 ug/dL), normal
TSH (2.260 uIU/mL), normal
T3 uptake (27%) and normal
free thyroxine index (1.2).

Anastrozole should have been 0.5mg per week maximum. Your doc does not really know enough. E2=5.9pg/ml was totally a known outcome of that dose.

Prolactin = ~17 +?range

Prolactin can be elevated from recent orgasm or cuddling {babies | puppies | kittens} - avoid for labs! Can also be high from some gear or meds [list].

You seem to be someone who does and has access to gear.

AST/ALT can be high from some liver conditions, some gear, sore or injured muscles - avoid training and have muscles fully recovered and test again.

What is your history with oral testosterone drugs or boosters? [liver]

RBC?
Hematocrit?
Dehydrated for labs?

With perfect levels of sex hormones, thyroid will pull you low!

High E2 takes away energy, makes guys moody and bitchy, in part because it tanks libido. Target is E2=22pg/ml
Better to have labs in list format, easier to work with labs in list format, not buried in prose.

You can eval overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures as directed below. Also good for adjusting thyroid med doses.

Thyroid labs should be:
TSH
fT3
fT4
skip uptake and indexes which are now obsolete.

Fat gain and low energy easily explained by thyroid.

Post your oral body temperatures.

Thyroid problem could be from not using iodized salt or not using multi-vits that list 150mcg iodine + 200mcg selenium<–very important.

Post history of using above iodine sources.

Inject T twice a week to get reasonably steady T levels for anastrozole to work against and to allow lab results to be meaningful.

Take anastrozole at time of T injections, 1mg/week per 100mg T per week. So if injecting 50mg T twice a week, take 0.5mg anastrozole at that time.

Inject hGH subq, not IM and you will get better IGF-1 results.

250iu hCG subq EOD to preserve your testes.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.