T Nation

40 Lbs of Muscle Since Last Summer?

A friend of my sister said he gained 40lbs of muscle since last summer and is not taking anything at all. He “just lifts like 4 hours a day” Is there anything out on the market that can do this. This guy is so full of shit. He has gotten big as hell, but not just by lifting. He did fail to mention eating and resting while he was boasting on his all natural body. He Weighed like 155ish on a very small frame. Please give me some thoughts…

i just find it hard to believe thats all. And my progress does not lack by the way. I bust my own ass in the gym and in the ring.

you don’t have anything better to think about?

40 lbs in six months is a very good, and certainly not unbelievable.

Try learning something from him rather than wondering what his secret is.

In my first ever bulk, I’ve managed to put on a little over 40 lbs since september, without completely losing my abs. I think whether or not he’s a hard worker, good eater, or beginner, will help guage how much LBM he could pack-on.

You sound jealous.

4 hours a day? While I higly doubt that, a good amount of lifting (2-3 hours) plus a huge amount of food will yield some impressive results. Try it some time.

[quote]no inner peace wrote:
i just find it hard to believe thats all. And my progress does not lack by the way. I bust my own ass in the gym and in the ring.
[/quote]

ooooooo…well aren’t you mister billy bob badass

Put on 30lbs plus one summer…

Of course I hit the magical ‘P’ stage of life every 13 year old hopes for…

Did nothing but chop wood, stack wood, eat grandma’s home cooked food, fish and sleep…

3 months of that took me from 125lbs to 160lbs with very little fat…

So now he’s an amazing 195 lbs.

Whatever.

[quote]Hadow Khan wrote:

Whatever.[/quote]

Exactly. Going from super skinny to “he might just lift weights” isn’t exactly such an amazing feat that drugs need to be used.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hadow Khan wrote:

Whatever.

Exactly. Going from super skinny to “he might just lift weights” isn’t exactly such an amazing feat that drugs need to be used.[/quote]

Isn’t this what happens to high school freshmen and sophomores when they start lifting with their football team? I saw about a half dozen of my buddies gain at least 25 lbs from starting a strength training plan and seeing that if they wanted to play varsity a 5’8 150 lb fullback/linebacker wouldn’t cut it.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Hadow Khan wrote:

Whatever.

Exactly. Going from super skinny to “he might just lift weights” isn’t exactly such an amazing feat that drugs need to be used.

Isn’t this what happens to high school freshmen and sophomores when they start lifting with their football team? I saw about a half dozen of my buddies gain at least 25 lbs from starting a strength training plan and seeing that if they wanted to play varsity a 5’8 150 lb fullback/linebacker wouldn’t cut it. [/quote]

Dude, until I started seeing the weak and pathetic progress on this site, I thought 20-30lbs your first year training was average for someone with decent genetics. Here, you have people more focused on whether someone used steroids than trying to see significant progress themselves.

Someone still growing in height (under the age of 21) is even less impressive.

Your results may vary, but this is what some of us have been beating these kids over the head with forever around here. Also as the Professor says, just eating good and being active without even training can bring a big chunk of this at that age.