4 Years, No Progress?

Im doing the reps normally, full range of motion. How should the distribution be like?

1 Like

Usually like OHP, Bench, Squat, Deadlift in that order. Maybe you’re just rubbish at deadlifts or don’t train them as much as squat?

But like 4 years is a long time to have been lifting and not lifting a fair amount. How’d did you know you were progressing or not?

Edit

Like when I was bodybuilding more I didn’t really care about how much I lifted but that the weight and reps were going up over time. Like I thought sumo was cheating to move more weight so did conventional and focused on progression not necessarily absolute weight on the bar. Now that I’m trying out Powerlifting it’s a little different lol

Anyways with your numbers you’d had to have stalled a lot for long periods of time before right? If you’ve stalled like that then you can think of that as periods of time not growing much. It doesn’t matter how long 4 years or even 10 years if you stay at the same level you won’t get much bigger. Know what I mean?

2 Likes

just do this program as well as eating right/ making good food choices and aiming for 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. If not gaining strength/muscle then eat more calories etc.

1 Like

Looks like its time to find another partner!

1 Like

Follow the advice above and don’t panic if you don’t have abs. I can say from experience that you cheat yourself if you get obsessed with having a 6 pack and being “lean” all the time.

Try new programs from time to time so you can learn from them. Don’t switch programs every six weeks but try two or three a year.

6 Likes

Eat more.

And did it take you 4 years to reach those numbers?

Or have you stalled the past 3 years?

Details.

2 Likes

^^^^This.
You’re routine is fine. You look like you need to gain 20lbs or more.

2 Likes

Probably a diet issue but…Fellas can disagree with me here, not saying your routine IS the main problem, but im not surprised you are lagging certains bodyparts, you dont isolate them at all (well, almost), while i understand compunds are major part in muscular development i dont see how one can fully develop certain bodyparts without isolating them and learning to contract/squeeze some muscles. I mean, we have many good choaches around here but IMO if your main goal is bodybuilding you need some volume and not JUST frequency, im not saying to you to train like a pro bodybuilder, but hey… look at the bright side, you ARE doing something wrong and as long you keep consistency and correct your diet and training you WILL (100%) GROW…

Good luck man, and never give up

2 Likes

I have stalled, i have recently gained some strength. However I was benching about 60kgs as my max for a couple years

I’ve heard from many sources, that eating enough calories will still equal muscle gains. Do you still think I should eat 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight?

I’ll definitely start this program seems very interesting and fun to do

That’s not details.

Just eat more then.

How many calories? All of them.

2 Likes

@JFG Yup yup, will follow up in a couple months. Thank you :)))

I dont know what sources you heard that from but yeah wouldnt trust them… probably try to stick to tnation for all your informational needs e.g articles and the forum. Also cant just eat “enough calories”. If i was to eat 3000 calories of pizza a day id turn into a fat shit. Whereas if i was to eat 3000 calories of lean meats, veggetables and rice or whatever and providing it isnt a massive surplus id be fine. Just Try to aim for 1 gram per pound of bodyweight every day, if you dont then dont stress but try to stay around the amount you need. P.s i guarantee after eating properly and doing 5/3/1 for a while you’ll bust through your plateau and be bigger and stronger. Goodluck!

1 Like

no one saw that he say that he train at 10-11pm ? first thing you should change is your workout Schedule !

how many time you sleep if u train at this time of the day ?

1 Like

I still sleep a good 8 hours usually more

best thing you can do is train before 4 pm if your able too !

second is not vary your workout every 4 to 6 weeks…

third is to focus more on your diet and good calorie intake !

progress takes time, dont give up dude and try to understand how’s your body work !!

1 Like

Why?

2 Likes

I was wondering this too, I’ve never trained before 4pm.

2 Likes

Im going to start the 5/3/1 program, I just have some confusion. For assistance work, its says 50-100 total reps? Do they mean i do that in 1 set? Or like 10 sets 10 reps? Or till failure and keep going till hit within those numbers?

1 Like

Good choice of porgram.

It means hit those total reps in as many sets as you need at the appropriate weight.

2 Likes