4-Year-Old Plays Hero

DURHAM - The robber was holding a gun to 5-year-old Mary Long’s head when a 3-foot-tall Mighty Morphin Power Ranger leapt into the room.

“Get away from my family,” 4-year-old Stevie Long shouted, punctuating his screams with swipes of his plastic sword and hearty “yah, yahs.”

The robber and his accomplice, who was waiting outside the apartment Friday night, fled with credit cards, jewelry, cash and other items that Stevie’s mother, Jennifer Long, dumped from her purse.

“I scared the bad guys away,” Stevie said Tuesday evening at the apartment at 901 Chalk Level Road in north Durham.

“He fully believed he morphed,” she said.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/515756.html

Good for him. It was a dumb thing to do, but he’s only 4. What do you expect?

Holy shit. Power Rangers is still popular? I thought they fell off when I was like 10. I used to watch that shit EVERY DAY before school. All the late eighties babies know what I’m talkin about.

[quote]alownage wrote:
Holy shit. Power Rangers is still popular? I thought they fell off when I was like 10. I used to watch that shit EVERY DAY before school. All the late eighties babies know what I’m talkin about.[/quote]

Kimberly was the hottest.

I was told I wasn’t allowed to watch it because it was too violent. Anyone else have super-over protective/conservative parents? If I have kids I’d rather have them watch that than barney or half the crap they have out today.
I guess I still have a little grudge. lol.

And about the article, good for the kid even though he did not know. And the burglar’s, I run away from screaming kids too.

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
alownage wrote:
Holy shit. Power Rangers is still popular? I thought they fell off when I was like 10. I used to watch that shit EVERY DAY before school. All the late eighties babies know what I’m talkin about.

Kimberly was the hottest.[/quote]

Word.