4 Year Old Bodybuilder

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It is way more likely this father will try to make more and more money off the kid until the kid turns into yet another fat ugly ex-child star.[/quote]
Agreed. See Richard Sandrak above.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Sometimes the things we’re forced into as children become hard-wired, and we end up carrying that “interest” all our lives, and quite possibly excelling at it. Michael Jackson could be a prime example.[/quote]
I’d say, singing and dancing aside, MJ is an example of how wrong things can go, as he was severely messed up in his personal life and ended up wrapped up in drugs.

A better example might be Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant, who started their sports at a young age and have taken it to its highest level without getting majorly sidetracked with negative influences. I do think that’s not the norm, though, and “child stars”/prodigies do tend to burn out faster than “late bloomers”.

He also has two younger sisters who don’t seem to be involved in gymnastics or training.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
I just hope their father knows something about training and longevity.

[/quote]

Good luck with that. It is way more likely this father will try to make more and more money off the kid until the kid turns into yet another fat ugly ex-child star.

You know who the best bodybuilders a=often are? the kids who were skinny as kids and had to really work at it…not the ones who easily blasted past everyone at age 4.

It comes way too easy you value it way less.

Not to mention that being lean and relatively muscular at that age has shit to do with how you will look after puberty.[/quote]

Maybe, but IMHO, it’s way too early to determine any of this.

Sometimes the things we’re forced into as children become hard-wired, and we end up carrying that “interest” all our lives, and quite possibly excelling at it. Michael Jackson could be a prime example.

I had been drawing since age 2, and my parents were very encouraging. Sometimes I felt I was doing it for them, but as I matured, I realized art is in my blood, and it IS my strength.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see how it plays out with those 2 brothers.
[/quote]

IMO the best athletes are the ones that start late and do it because they love it
but in reality the best athletes are the ones that start early

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

A better example might be Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant, who started their sports at a young age and have taken it to its highest level without getting majorly sidetracked with negative influences. I do think that’s not the norm, though, and “child stars”/prodigies do tend to burn out faster than “late bloomers”.
[/quote]

Hey Chris, I used MJ as an example because of his overbearing relentless father who pushed MJ in an almost torturous manner. It is surprising that MJ made a career out of singing when pushed into it so hard like that. The talent was there, and I’m sure MJ’s emotional problems stemmed from his dad’s harsh treatment.

Positive encouragement makes a difference in how the child perceives his lot later in life when following the path a parent has set for them.

damn it… kid started like 12 years earlier than me.

Let’s bring steroids into this thread. No way that kid is natty.

You know who the best bodybuilders a=often are? the kids who were skinny as kids and had to really work at it…not the ones who easily blasted past everyone at age 4.
[/quote]

You base this claim on what exactly?

He actually has a genetic mutation where he is naturally, extremely muscular. Read: does not even have to lift weights to look like that. They really don’t even know the exact causes. Once they are done with researching him they are touting it as a possible cure for muscular dystrophy

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I try not to get involved in others business but I’m gonna bite…

I have noticed you seem to question or argue with everything professor x says, why is this?

FYI it’s getting boring

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have noticed you seem to question or argue with everything professor x says, why is this?

FYI it’s getting boring[/quote]

x2

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cross-username vendetta.

Pretty sure I watched a documentary on this kid, or a kid like him. He has a myostatin gene mutation. Similar to the infamous myostatin inhibitor we have been hearing about for 10 years. Apparently he eats almost non-stop.

[quote]schanz_05 wrote:
Pretty sure I watched a documentary on this kid, or a kid like him. He has a myostatin gene mutation. Similar to the infamous myostatin inhibitor we have been hearing about for 10 years. Apparently he eats almost non-stop.[/quote]

can I have this disease please.

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I agree it’s getting boring and I try to tone it down. I also can’t keep track of all the BS he is spewing around. But for the record, whenever I confront him I actually believe he is talking out of his arse.

man I always wondered what happened to that Richard Sandrak kid.

I remember a documentary called Bodyshock on Channel 4 (UK) that did a show about a Russian kid who weighed 16 stone at 7 years old. The opening scene was him pushing a car.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bodyshock/episode-guide/series-7/episode-1

got to wonder why the parents care so little about their kid’s health to exploit them in such a dangerous way.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
man I always wondered what happened to that Richard Sandrak kid.

I remember a documentary called Bodyshock on Channel 4 (UK) that did a show about a Russian kid who weighed 16 stone at 7 years old. The opening scene was him pushing a car.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bodyshock/episode-guide/series-7/episode-1

got to wonder why the parents care so little about their kid’s health to exploit them in such a dangerous way.[/quote]

$, duh

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I agree it’s getting boring and I try to tone it down. I also can’t keep track of all the BS he is spewing around. But for the record, whenever I confront him I actually believe he is talking out of his arse.[/quote]

Spewing BS? He may have his own POV, but it’s never BS.

[quote]lemony2j wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I agree it’s getting boring and I try to tone it down. I also can’t keep track of all the BS he is spewing around. But for the record, whenever I confront him I actually believe he is talking out of his arse.[/quote]

? What was BS about what I wrote?

Shit, look at this site alone. The biggest guys here in majority were the SKINNY KIDS.

You don’t have the intellect to debate with me which is why people are questioning you now. If you really have some valid point to make, do so…but just realize no one is jumping on that bandwagon you are advertising for.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Spewing BS? He may have his own POV, but it’s never BS.[/quote]

Well, “own POV” is a very political correct to put it.

For a good example what I mean by BS, just look for a thread in the nutrition sub-forum about bulking shakes (can’t recall how it was called) some time ago. That is a perfect example of BS and several posters (incl. me) correctly made fun of Mr. X’s line of reasoning. I’m hardly the only one pointing out (or have pointed out) this stuff here but most have given up I guess or left TN.

But hey some people like you don’t care or are turning a blind eye. I agree that ignoring might be the best option.

You don’t have the intellect to debate with me…[/quote]

haha

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Spewing BS? He may have his own POV, but it’s never BS.[/quote]

Well, “own POV” is a very political correct to put it.

For a good example what I mean by BS, just look for a thread in the nutrition sub-forum about bulking shakes (can’t recall how it was called) some time ago. That is a perfect example of BS and several posters (incl. me) correctly made fun of Mr. X’s line of reasoning. I’m hardly the only one pointing out (or have pointed out) this stuff here but most have given up I guess or left TN.

But hey some people like you don’t care or are turning a blind eye. I agree that ignoring might be the best option. [/quote]

wow. You really do need to get a life. I mean to follow a fella around a forum just to harass him seems pretty low to me.

I have the feeling that if you were really making progress in the gym, you wouldn’t be running around here like a child waiting for Prof X to slip up.

Have a nice life.

EDIT TO ADD: Furthermore, X has contributed invaluably and unselfishly to this site since day one with ‘No BS’ advice. Many dudes have progressed due to his prescriptions.

But I can’t recall anything worthwhile that you have contributed. I might take your judgement of the Doc seriously if you were at least somewhat on par with him in the help department.

But as it stands you’re just a pain-in-the-forum, and your views on the Doc contribute nothing as well.