T Nation

4 Weeks Training, What Next?

Hey, I am trying to bulk up and build some more muscle mass,I was 98kgs when i started my program with high number of repetitions 20~15 and now i got to 90KGs.

I started doing splits 3~4 days a week :
day-1 : bench and bisceps
day-2 : back and trisceps
day-3 : shoulders
day-4 : legs

i started taking Isopure zero carbs to build more muscles… my aim is to become something in the range of “Lazar Angelov” not more than that…

So i was wondering if someone can help me with my diet and what else shoyld I do , thanks alot!

I am sure if you stay on this rigorous course of training plus a zero-carb protein shake you will be as big as Lazer Angelov in no time.

You’re wanting to bulk up, and you lost weight?

lolz

This is bad, even for the Beginner’s forum.

Guy, read the Stickies in the Bodybuilding forum, a lot. Twice over.

Q: 4 Weeks Training, What Next?

A: Another 16 weeks of training, at least.

[quote]fuze wrote:
I am trying to bulk up

I was 98kgs

and now i got to 90KGs.[/quote]
If ever there was a time for a “you’re doing it wrong” meme pic, this would be it.

[quote]I started doing splits 3~4 days a week :
day-1 : bench and bisceps
day-2 : back and trisceps
day-3 : shoulders
day-4 : legs[/quote]
This could be an okay schedule, depending on exactly what you’re doing on each day, but even then I’d either re-arrange some of the days or just use a pre-designed program from the site.

Also, you’re throwing some extra S’s into biceps and triceps. Cut it out.

What’s wrong with carbohydrates?

You’re 6’ tall and a not-lean 200 pounds. He’s 6’ tall and a pretty lean 195-ish. Goals are awesome and it’s great to set your sights on something, but understand that it’s a long road. Don’t be planning to look like him in by January.

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

maybe i wasn’t clear, i hope this one would make it much clearer.

At first i was trying to lose some weight and I did, so now i want to start to bulk up…i don’t know how these things go, so that’s why i am asking this…and sorry there was a mistake in the title, it’s 3 months training.

my program as i said is based on 1 big muscle 5 exercises each, and 1 small muscle 3 exercises , i also forgot that to say that i play judo for 3~2 days a week so that can be considered as cardio training.

day-1 : Judo
day-2 : bench and biceps
day-3 : back and triceps
day-4 : shoulders
day-5 : legs
day-6 : Judo

as for carbohydrates , I thought carbs=fat… I don’t know how to deal with my carbs intake

as for my diet, i eat about 4 fried eggs with bread as breakfast, then after 2 hours a some juice as a snack.
for lunch , i eat rice+proteins+salad+veges. for dinner i eat a can of tuna or some beans or juice.

[quote]fuze wrote:
as for my diet, i eat about 4 fried eggs with bread as breakfast, then after 2 hours a some juice as a snack.
for lunch , i eat rice+proteins+salad+veges. for dinner i eat a can of tuna or some beans or juice.[/quote]

If you’re going to bulk, you will need A LOT more food than that. Obviously you lost weight with what you were doing, so congratulations on that, but your strategy is going to have to change considerably to build muscle.

Personally, I take in a minimum of 3000 calories a day.

For reference sake, 4 eggs is around 300 calories. 40 eggs is around 3000 calories. Don’t eat 40 eggs, but I say that so you can get an idea of how much different a bulking diet is from what you were doing.

If you want to bulk up you better ask yourself if you’re willing to pay for it. And by pay for it I mean the grocery bill. It’s helpful to always have on hand the red meat of your choice (I buy sirloin), hamburger, some kind of fish (I buy tilapia cause it’s cheap and tastes alright), eggs, milk, peanut butter, and chicken.

Something I find helpful is that with every meal, snack or whatever drink a glass or two of milk, depending on your tolerance of the stuff. My stomach goes ape shit when I drink 6-8 glasses of milk a day so I had to cut back on my milk intake and eat more whole foods unfortunately because it just isn’t worth it to be so uncomfortable all day.

If you’re busy and don’t want to spend a shit load of time in the kitchen, it’s also helpful to have pre made carb sources on hand. At any given time I have containers of lentils, pasta, rice and quinoa in the fridge that I heat up while the main dish is cooking in the frying pan. Then I grab a banana or an apple on my way out the door.

The moral of the story is find ways to make eating as EASY, CONVENIENT and THOUGHTLESS as possible, because if it is all of those things you’re more likely to do it consistently.

GREAT hint about always having carb sources ready…personally I don’t think it’s as expensive as people make it out to seem, but then again I might think that cause I don’t buy red meat. My 2 cents, try your best to put Sams Club out of business.