4 Plate Club

hit a 345 dl 7 days b4 my 16th birthday at 155

Good job, I think I’ll hit 4 plates either this week or next week, I’m only worrried about my grip giving out, I really need some chalk.

Good shit OP!! Thats a great lift!!

I hit 440 at a meet in march when i was 17 and i hold my states record in 100% RAW federation for 17@242lbs.

Keep it up and ul be to 5 plates soon enough!!

nice job!

I hit 4 a few months back and still regret not having the attempt on video, was a real landmark lift for me. I’m at 440 now, pulled it sumo. 5 plates would definitely be sick! The last time I pulled conventional was 3-4 months ago and I maxed out at 375, lol. I haven’t been deadlifting recently but it still goes up anyway =) Gotta love that carryover from squatting and assistance work!

Just thinking… I have my first 5 and 6 plate pulls on tape. Wish I had the 4 plate too now.

Hit 5 plates yesterday, felt really easy. Hopefully hit 500lb next week. Good feeling!

That’s the sign of a lifter they do their math in increments of 45’s and they celebrate every PPS. Plates Per Sides. Bench, Squat, Dead. I think we all remember our first 2 per side in all the big three lifts. Shoot I bet if I thought about it long enough I could recall my first one plate per side. Good times.

[quote]bjjwannabe152 wrote:
haha sorry to disappoint that it wasnt a bench thread. my bench is weak but slowly getting there. 5 plates here i come…eventually.

what is this gorilla snot?
[/quote]

Gorilla snot is grip for drumming but its great for lifting,Im kinda against straps if there not needed.Check you local guitar store and get some strap up at last call.

The main reason I dislike straps is it takes forever to setup. I hate crouching that long to get ready. Also, if the bar is tied to be I’m more likely to force/hitch/what-have-you.

I just sliced my finger up real nice. No deadds for a while =/

I am officiallu a member of the 4 plate deadlift club. Last week I hit 385 like nothing during my ME day. So I just knew I had to do it. I worked from 225, 315, 365, 385, finally 405. Chalked up and just went to it. I was slow on the initial pull but I got the weight up. Not only did I get the weight up but I achieved my first lifting-induced nosebleed.

I didn’t know who to tell. My parents don’t get powerlifting. My dad understands its a lot of weight but not the process it took me to get there. I’m drinking a beer tonight! or 12. lol[/quote]

405 would injure my back for sure. Congrats

Hopefully i’ll be able to join you this Tuesday.

hit 4 plates awhile ago, now im working too 5 plates, did 200kg last week i was pretty tired as i just did a 5 rep set at 175, i could probably pull 210 i reckon if i focused on single pulls

I am officiallu a member of the 4 plate deadlift club. Last week I hit 385 like nothing during my ME day. So I just knew I had to do it. I worked from 225, 315, 365, 385, finally 405. Chalked up and just went to it. I was slow on the initial pull but I got the weight up. Not only did I get the weight up but I achieved my first lifting-induced nosebleed. I didn’t know who to tell. My parents don’t get powerlifting. My dad understands its a lot of weight but not the process it took me to get there. I’m drinking a beer tonight! or 12. lol[/quote]

Congratulations!

Did you video tape the bp lift?

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL