T Nation

4 Plate Club

I am officiallu a member of the 4 plate deadlift club. Last week I hit 385 like nothing during my ME day. So I just knew I had to do it. I worked from 225, 315, 365, 385, finally 405. Chalked up and just went to it. I was slow on the initial pull but I got the weight up. Not only did I get the weight up but I achieved my first lifting-induced nosebleed. I didn’t know who to tell. My parents don’t get powerlifting. My dad understands its a lot of weight but not the process it took me to get there. I’m drinking a beer tonight! or 12. lol

Congratulations man. 6 plate club by the end of the summer?

That’s what I’m aiming for (500 lbs to be exact) by end of august.

EDIT: I meant 5 plate club.

I’m working my way up to 400 or 405. I hit a raw 360 dl a week or so ago. I was pretty excited about that.

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
Congratulations man. 6 plate club by the end of the summer?

That’s what I’m aiming for (500 lbs to be exact) by end of august.[/quote]

You mean 5 plates right? 6 would be closer to 585!! (I became a member of that club abotu 8 weeks ago!!)

Yeah, I meant that :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, you became a member of the 5 or 6 plate club? I didn’t get which one

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
Yeah, I meant that :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, you became a member of the 5 or 6 plate club? I didn’t get which one[/quote]

5 last summer, 6 a few weeks back.

If I hit 7 next year I’d be one happy camper. But it is highly unlikely that will happen!!

I thought you were talking about bench at first.

I got 4 plates in April. Congrats.

Too bad I’m at a new gym that bitches about deadlifting noise and can’t use chalk… I have only pulled about 80% since I then.

[quote]gabex wrote:
I got 4 plates in April. Congrats.

Too bad I’m at a new gym that bitches about deadlifting noise and can’t use chalk… I have only pulled about 80% since I then.[/quote]

If you cant use chalk use gorilla snot you can buy it at guitar center its for drummers.I use it.

nice man congrats! i hit 4 plates about a month ago aiming for 5 now. deadlift is an amazing lift keep up the good work

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
gabex wrote:
I got 4 plates in April. Congrats.

Too bad I’m at a new gym that bitches about deadlifting noise and can’t use chalk… I have only pulled about 80% since I then.

If you cant use chalk use gorilla snot you can buy it at guitar center its for drummers.I use it.[/quote]

Yeah, I remember your thread. I’m actually going to get my hands on some this week. Thanks for the reminder.

also joined the 4 plate club recently, will be upgrading to around 425 or 450 i hope by my first meet
all raw:) (well belt actually :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’m still shooting for this. Looking forward to not shooting for 4! Hopefully by the end of summer…if not sooner.

I am at about 350 for max at 145 pounds so hopefully I hit 4 plates soon.

I remember hitting 4 plates back in high school @ 145 -150. Got 440 @ 156 and then barely moved up. Took another 4 years to go to 468, damn back injuries.

Good luck on 4 plates guys. Once you get it, you’ll want 5 a LOT more.

EDIT: I seriously thought this was going to be a 4 plate BENCH thread. LOL

I remember when I got mine. I was stuck just a hair under for about a month. It was terribly frustrating. I think it was more of a mental block than anything else.

I remember when I started going to the gym (about 7 years ago) as I did romanian deadlifts using just 50kg (110lb) for reps and being a bit afraid to deadlift big weights as I might hurt my back. Then after about a year of continuous training I started deadlifting and did 2 or 3 reps with 100kg (220lb). Then it didn’t take me long to get to 160kg (352lb) where I struggled quite some time.

I got 4 plates (for me thats 180kg or 397lb) something like 3 years ago…cannot remember the exact date…anyway…I just got two days ago 5 plates (220kg or 485lb) at bodyweight of 75kg or 165lb…and raw (just belt) of course.

I’m pretty pleased since it took me so long time to get there but lookout 6 plates (260kg)…here I come.

Hoping to hit the 4 plate club in front squat pretty soon. Could probably hit it now with a belt but want to hit it with nothing. Goal is 5 plate by next year.

4 plate bench would be nice also, but I’d rather have the 4 plate push press. Those two probably take a bit more time little off of those.

Congratz more on your nose bleed, I’m still waiting for my first =/ I guess some are just more susceptible to it.

haha sorry to disappoint that it wasnt a bench thread. my bench is weak but slowly getting there. 5 plates here i come…eventually.

what is this gorilla snot?

[quote]bjjwannabe152 wrote:
haha sorry to disappoint that it wasnt a bench thread. my bench is weak but slowly getting there. 5 plates here i come…eventually.

what is this gorilla snot?
[/quote]

basically tacky, gives you better grip you can get it at a guitar store. If you have a problem holding on just get straps.