T Nation

4 Months Learning/Progress

Hi guys.

I have spent the last 4 months educating myself a little about strength training and nutrition. After reading over so much conflicting info out there on all things strength and nutrition I decided the best route for me was to just pick anything and get into the gym and go with it. I ended up picking the Stronglifts program followed by Chad Waterburys ABBH.

My diet was reasonably low carb as I feel I am carb sensitive to a degree. I am obviously not blessed with a great base and can only go as far as my skinny little wrists will take me but I have managed to alter my body composition a little in this time and am now at the stage where I would like to start to build some muscle. I'm just looking for some tips on where to go next?

I have been looking at Nortons P.H.A.T training and upping my calories. Taking things from there a step at a time and constantly monitoring. Any advice would be appreciated.

Stats 5'8, 161lbs

Thanks.

You said your goal is to "build some muscle," so a hypertrophy program.

If you're happy w/ the results, why not just stick w/ ABBH?

Thanks for the reply. I am coming to the end of ABBH in 3 weeks or so. I am looking for some advice of where to go after this.

I found this elsewhere:

Not sure if that helps, but just in case you hadn't seen it.

If you liked Waterbury's style this is a good follow on...
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sob_training

otherwise get on something like a 5/3/1 template

Cheers LoRez. I am already on that part of the plan. Couple of weeks left to go! I will check it out Rampant badger! Enjoyed the Waterbury style!