4 Months In, Can't Get Enough

[quote]esskay wrote:
I dont see why a beginner would train individual body parts without first having trained his full body. My build is not too far off from the OP’s and I have never followed a bodybuilding split, only ever done 3x week full body routines. AFAIK, the usual recommendation is to do a basic beginner routine until you develop a decent strength foundation, then branch off to specialized routines from there. [/quote]

?

You are training your whole body on a split, just spread out more (thus not having to sacrifice intensity/focus/drive while doing the latter exercises in a workout).

The only help a full body routine does for a beginner is giving them more opportunity to learn the exercises/movements (focussing on the muscle-mind connection) while the loads/exercises are not maximal/intense.

As soon as intensity/load increases, if you are recovered after just one days rest from “blasting” a bodypart, even on low volume, then you are either

1. not very strong
  2. not pushing yourself enough, to the max/not training bodybuilding style
  3. a freak

Very rarely is it number 3 :slight_smile:

[quote]esskay wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]esskay wrote:
My build is not too far off from the OP’s [/quote]

Then why are you giving people advice?

Did you not read your own thread?

[/quote]

Because I am not training to be a bodybuilder. Thats the point. The OP has only been training for 4 months, he can both get strong and get a better looking body on a beginner barbell routine instead of a body part split. [/quote]

Did you read your own thread?

You are parroting information you heard from someone else, and have about dick real life experience to back it up with.

I can’t figure out from your response above if you are naive, trolling, or flat dumb.