4-Hour Work Week

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

FYI I’ve very recently personally gained 30 pounds in less than a week.[/quote]

Wait what?!? Did I miss some sarcasm or an inside joke or something? 30lbs in less than 7 days?

.greg.[/quote]

No sarcasm. I had been dieting hard and was dehydrated too. It honestly might have been 2 weeks, I can’t remember and I’m not trying to stretch the truth whatsoever, but within a very short period I hit “my natural weight” which is around the 200# mark after being 172. It wasn’t really that hard. It was almost all water I’m sure.[/quote]

Water weight =/= muscle

[quote]gregron wrote:

Wait what?!? Did I miss some sarcasm or an inside joke or something? 30lbs in less than 7 days?

.greg.[/quote]

No sarcasm. I had been dieting hard and was dehydrated too. It honestly might have been 2 weeks, I can’t remember and I’m not trying to stretch the truth whatsoever, but within a very short period I hit “my natural weight” which is around the 200# mark after being 172. It wasn’t really that hard. It was almost all water I’m sure.[/quote]

yeah I remember you getting all diced up for that contests diet thing… So I guess it wouldn’t be that hard to plump back up a bit after being as lean as you were cause you were more shredded than a julian salad man

.greg.

^^ No crap. But it was in only two weeks, and I was coming off a 12 week period of severe undereating,

so there was certainly some muscle in there too as my body was getting back to normal. I failed to get that point accross, but that was the point - that periods of undereating can lead to periods in which the body DRAMATICALLY increases the uptake of nutrients to the point that the body (at least) gets back to it’s natural weight - and in a short period of time. Ferris also was underfed like I was as it says if you read that link. You see where I’m going, I’m sure.

When I was carb depleted and underfed I was small and bounced back in a hurry. I’m not saying his (Ferris’)results are credible, or that he’s believable, but I for one think what he did was possible.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

.greg.[/quote]

yeah I remember you getting all diced up for that contests diet thing… So I guess it wouldn’t be that hard to plump back up a bit after being as lean as you were cause you were more shredded than a julian salad man

.greg.[/quote]

Haha, thanks. Yeah I guess.

[quote]BulletProofTiger wrote:
How does what you said change anything? You claimed that you “don’t remember the hype” as if the ANACONDA Protocol was released ages ago? Can you also not comprehend that the new 1.5 hours of working out per week is not all that different than the protocol that Ferris followed? You and I both know CT is very credible, but without reason, you discredit Ferris. Unless you or someone else can further explain why Ferris is not credible, then I cannot accept that what he has claimed to have done is not the truth.

FYI I’ve very recently personally gained 30 pounds in less than a week. [/quote]

[quote] And then he wrote:
When I was carb depleted and underfed I was small and bounced back in a hurry. I’m not saying his (Ferris’)results are credible, or that he’s believable, but I for one think what he did was possible.[/quote]

So you think his results may or may not be credible, but is definitely possible. I’m with you on this. Under specific circumstances.

One of those specific circumstances is coming off a hard diet. Another one is bouncing back after the end of an athletic season. Another one is with grams of steroids each week.

None of which were specifically mentioned in his article. Which suggests either he’s outright lying (photoshop magic), or that he’s couching his sales pitch in a guise only the clever can deduce (that there are circumstances - see above- that enabled him to acheive amazing results that the average consumer will not likely have available to him/her). Neither of which bode well for him being a legitimate fitness professional. Both of which point to him being a joke.

Why do I have to explain this?

As far as CT… CT packaged his 3x/week 35-min workouts as a bare-bones program, far from the ‘I HAVE READ ALL KNOWLEDGE RELATING TO MUSCULAR HYPERTROPHY AND THIS IS MY CONCLUSION’ opinion of Mr. Ferriss. When ANACONDA finally came out (the ‘hype’ goes back to 2004), CT was doing a 3x/DAY designed for maximum effectiveness. To compare CT’s article with Ferriss’s just because they’re both abbreviated programs is inappropriate because only one recognizes itself as an abbreviated program. I’ll let you guess which one.

Sweet mother of god does anybody have one of those “thread derailed” pictures for this?