4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss

[quote]skinnywhite7 wrote:
Occams Razor in full effect:

80% of you are idiots
20% of you are not

80% of you have not even TRIED his protocols
20% of you have tried his protocols. (including myself. Most of it work IF you do it EXACTLY the way he advises you to do it. Some of the stuff doesn’t. If you tried his stuff, are you following it EXACTLY the way he presents it to you? You may want to think about that…)

Maybe you should STFU and try it out before talking shit on someone who dedicated years to the writing of such an epic book.

Read the fucking book.

haters gonna hate…[/quote]

+1. Tim Ferris is a fucking legend. Anyone hating on him has most likely not actually read the book(s) properly or is not willing to try claims if they don’t believe them. Or just mad because they work 80 hour weeks. The whole point is things that can be done if your willing to go to extremes, not that suddenly, by reading his book, you will completely transform your lifestyle. It’s as if some people simply can’t accept theres such thing as working less then a 40 hour a week job and progressing in the gym in less then 10 hours a week. I’ve used very little of 4 hour body, as most of it is not appropriate for someone with bb/pl goals… but overall a very interesting read and I will probably try certain things in the future, for the experience.

80% of you are idiots
20% of you are not

20% of you have tried his protocols. (including myself. Most of it work IF you do it EXACTLY the way he advises you to do it. Some of the stuff doesn’t. If you tried his stuff, are you following it EXACTLY the way he presents it to you? You may want to think about that…)

Maybe you should STFU and try it out before talking shit on someone who dedicated years to the writing of such an epic book.

Read the fucking book.

LOL

Occam’s Razor: or lex parsimoniae, the simplest solution is usually correct.

Pareto’s Principle: the 80/20 rule

Maybe you should read the book…

Both his books are a good read, the takeaway message being to try something different.

Haven’t read the book.

But sometimes the pendulum has to swing to the extreme to get the dogma out of commonplace thinking and approaches.

Arthur Jones, then Mike Mentzer, then Dorian Yates, then Dante Tredel, each with their own success stories are fine examples of this.
And STILL there are detractors and haters.

Human nature.

Haters gonna hate.

Some months ago, my girlfriend was getting mightily on my nerves by asking the nth time about some nutrional stuff.
“Should I eat X? So what does GI mean, exactly?” …

So I threw a pile of books (mostly nutrition, some were about training in general) in her direction, telling her to learn and digest at least the basic principles herself.

From all the books, she picked this one first, read a few chapters and declared the same evening that she’d start the lose-large- amounts-of-fat diet (or something like that from the book, slow carb?) promoted by Ferris.

I sighed and told my sweetliver to keep her expectations extremely low.

So a couple of weeks passed, was it four, six, eight? I don’t exactly remember.

What I do remember was the large amounts of ass pain it certainly did cost-Eating the same shitty food over and over again, me panicking when her body felt like Roguevampire’s corpse-bride after placing an ice pack on her back for half an hour(easily the dumbest idea of the whole book) etc

And there were hardly any results. Nothing that fluctuations could not explain.

The only positive thing was: With far less training then usual, she “maintained”.

I’d still recommend the book with all it’s lofty claims to certain people.
It’s not all silly ideas, Tim F. actually manages to provide enough substance to entertain and inspire.
There is usually some interesting scientific reasoning, and also some jewels to be found.

If you’re into unusual stuff like that, and like to make up your own theories, then pick it up.

For serious programs, be it losing fat or gaining muscle, try other authors. Because chances are, much of the unusual stuff is just not for you.

Oh man, did anyone bother to read Roman’s post? Sheesh!

If you wanna list accomplishments, Ferris has achieved more than enough to have credibility in various fields. I read the 4 hour work week and it was, for the most part entertaining and intriguing. Am I gonna be a freaking millionaire by next year? No, and anyone who takes claims from books, websites and testimonials(word of mouth) is a fucking retard.

He is a trickster in a sense. He exploits rules like you and I, or a martial artist wanting to get an edge by manipulating water weight.

The main takeaway from HIM is, anything is possible if you’re willing to go to extremes and bend the rules when you have to. If you learn ONE thing out of a 450 page book, aren’t you better off?

But still, (say it with me) haters gonna hate.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
Oh man, did anyone bother to read Roman’s post? Sheesh!

If you wanna list accomplishments, Ferris has achieved more than enough to have credibility in various fields. I read the 4 hour work week and it was, for the most part entertaining and intriguing. Am I gonna be a freaking millionaire by next year? No, and anyone who takes claims from books, websites and testimonials(word of mouth) is a fucking retard.

He is a trickster in a sense. He exploits rules like you and I, or a martial artist wanting to get an edge by manipulating water weight.

The main takeaway from HIM is, anything is possible if you’re willing to go to extremes and bend the rules when you have to. If you learn ONE thing out of a 450 page book, aren’t you better off?

But still, (say it with me) haters gonna hate.[/quote]

fecking x12348

80% of you are idiots
20% of you are not

Read the fucking book.

oh hi Tim