T Nation

4 Day Template Over 3 Days

What do you guys think about running a 4 day template similar to a Westside template for 3 days a week?

Monday: Max Effort Lower Body
Wednesday: Max Effort Upper Body
Friday: Dynamic Effort Lower Body

Monday: Dynamic Effort Upper Body
Wednesday: Max Effort Lower Body
Friday: Max Effort Upper Body

Do you feel like this will hinder the program results? Do you feel a 3 day template designed for 3 days is more beneficial ? Opinions ?

This plan has been discussed ever since the whole conjugate/Westside program was written about, like going back more than fifteen years. Progress MIGHT be slower for some than if one were to do the template over four days per week.

What stage are you? Novice, intermediate, advanced?

Are you planning on running this or the other program you posted in the training log forum?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
This plan has been discussed ever since the whole conjugate/Westside program was written about, like going back more than fifteen years. Progress MIGHT be slower for some than if one were to do the template over four days per week. [/quote]
I would say intermediate , Bench 280 Squat 325 dead 340 , , I was wondering if the westsdie template would work over 10 day cycles or a 3 day template desgined for 3 days packs more benefits .

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Are you planning on running this or the other program you posted in the training log forum?[/quote]
I am trying to figure that out lol , What do you think program wise ?

I think you should just do A program. Run it for 6 months. If it’s not working, run a different program.

It’s honestly REALLY hard to train wrong as long as you are working hard.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I think you should just do A program. Run it for 6 months. If it’s not working, run a different program.

It’s honestly REALLY hard to train wrong as long as you are working hard.[/quote]

Agree. Even running something for two to three months will give you a good idea of how well it works.

Just be aware of the progression the program uses: as far as I understand it rapid load increases throughout tend to work better for novices, while intermediates do better with a slower progression and need more manipulation of intensity and volume.