4 Day Split When Required

Hey CT, because of my shift set ups, some weeks I can work out 6 days, the other weeks I can work out 4. You’ve always said about doing the SGHP twice per week, so I was thinking of doing Incline Bench Pins, Continuous Ramp & Front Squats, Flat Bench Pins, Continuous Ramp & Rows.

Does that sound okay, or should I replace the rows with a pull from the floor as assistance work?

Cheers

[quote]Sawinwright wrote:
Hey CT, because of my shift set ups, some weeks I can work out 6 days, the other weeks I can work out 4. You’ve always said about doing the SGHP twice per week, so I was thinking of doing Incline Bench Pins, Continuous Ramp & Front Squats, Flat Bench Pins, Continuous Ramp & Rows.

Does that sound okay, or should I replace the rows with a pull from the floor as assistance work?

Cheers[/quote]

That’s perfectly fine by me.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

That’s perfectly fine by me.[/quote]

Will I not get any problems by excluding the floor pulls and overhead press for this time?

Cheers[/quote]

Will I not get any problems by excluding the floor pulls and overhead press for this time?[/quote]

Not at all… the high pulls (and ramp) will keep the lower back and upper back very strong as well as the posterior chain powerful.

The front squats will keep your legs strong.

So all the muscles involved in pulling from the floor will stay strong or get stronger. It will only be a matter of re-dialing in your technique.

Westside powerlifters used to deadlift one per 2-3 months and relied on squats are reverse hyper to up their deadlift strength.

As for overhead work, I actually stopped doing any overhead work for about 2 months (only slight incline and decline) and today I did a VERY easy 315 on the push press after only 2 practice sessions.

Cheers[/quote]

Will I not get any problems by excluding the floor pulls and overhead press for this time?[/quote]

Not at all… the high pulls (and ramp) will keep the lower back and upper back very strong as well as the posterior chain powerful.

So all the muscles involved in pulling from the floor will stay strong or get stronger. It will only be a matter of re-dialing in your technique.

Westside powerlifters used to deadlift one per 2-3 months and relied on squats are reverse hyper to up their deadlift strength.

As for overhead work, I actually stopped doing any overhead work for about 2 months (only slight incline and decline) and today I did a VERY easy 315 on the push press after only 2 practice sessions.[/quote]

That’s made me feel a lot better!

One last buggering question :slight_smile:

If you had to pick two out of; Incline, Decline, Overhead… Which two should I pick?

Edit - I’m going for the Power “intimidation” look as much as possible.

Cheers[/quote]

As for overhead work, I actually stopped doing any overhead work for about 2 months (only slight incline and decline) and today I did a VERY easy 315 on the push press after only 2 practice sessions.[/quote]

If you had to pick two out of; Incline, Decline, Overhead… Which two should I pick?

Edit - I’m going for the Power “intimidation” look as much as possible.[/quote]

Probably decline and overhead. I really like the incline but lately I’ve started to use only two main pressing movements per week, slight decline and one overhead lift (push press at the moment, but pin press also work great).

Cheers[/quote]

Edit - I’m going for the Power “intimidation” look as much as possible.[/quote]

Probably decline and overhead. I really like the incline but lately I’ve started to use only two main pressing movements per week, slight decline and one overhead lift (push press at the moment, but pin press also work great).
[/quote]

Great CT Thanks :slight_smile: