T Nation

4 Day Split, Not Enough or Too Much?

Mon- Chest/Bi's
Tue- Legs
Wed- Back/Tri's
Thur- Shoulders

This is the deal, my new workout partner and i can only lift monday through thursday every single week, Do you think this split is still effective as long as we hit it hard and have the proper nutrition.

I think its ok but some people are saying that if we dont take a day in between we could be over training, but i dont see how thats possible seeing as we hit every major group once a week and have a three day break. What do you think, are goals are to gain muscle and mass. There is no need to list all the excersizes seeing as this is a question about recovery and efficiency.

I think this is doable. I’ve gone weeks where I had to combine workouts or squat and deadlift just a day apart. Ideally most would want a break, but it’s not necessary.

No one can tell you how much you’re able to do, the point being that it’s unique to YOU.

I would do chest/tris, back/bis, legs, shoulders in that order. I wouldn’t want to train shoulders the day after tris and I like putting the pushing and pulling stuff together so you can just finish up your arms afterwards.

I would do chest/tris, back/bis, legs, shoulders in that order. I wouldn’t want to train shoulders the day after tris and I like putting the pushing and pulling stuff together so you can just finish up your arms afterwards.

Also the reason for chest before back is because it’s better to do chest first (better set up on bench because your lats aren’t sore=less injuries).