T Nation

4-Day Split - Critique

The best days to fit training into my schedule are mon-tue-wed-fri

So, does this split look ok or is it moronic?

Mon - chest, shoulders (lat head)
Tue - legs, glutes, abs
Wed - back, traps, shoulders (post head)
Tue - rest
Fri - shoulders (overall), arms

Any critique is greatly appreciated

to much shoulder work IMO

yea, don’t mess with the shoulder because the shoulder will mess with you

Yeah I know its i bit much, just really want them to grow. Have done extra shoulder work for three weeks, so I actually only planned to do this for 2-3 more weeks, and then switch to only one shoulder day a week.

BTW I’ll probably “only” do ~6 shoulder exercises during this particular split (military, DB laterals, restart laterals, cable row to chest, DB rev flys, and standing hi-pulley rev flys (or something like that)).

6 is still alot, unless your shoulders are severely underdeveloped compared to the rest of you, which i doubt they are, and 2 months isn’t really gonna do much in the way of rapid growth as well, just train them heavy, hard, and eat and they will grow along with the rest of you.

[quote]Mr.Melin wrote:
Yeah I know its i bit much, just really want them to grow. Have done extra shoulder work for three weeks, so I actually only planned to do this for 2-3 more weeks, and then switch to only one shoulder day a week.

BTW I’ll probably “only” do ~6 shoulder exercises during this particular split (military, DB laterals, restart laterals, cable row to chest, DB rev flys, and standing hi-pulley rev flys (or something like that)). [/quote]

I’m curious about restart laterals, what are they?
Anyway just keep 1 isolation for medial and 1 for for rear (not counting rows). That’s already plenty.

[quote]Nyral wrote:

Anyway just keep 1 isolation for medial and 1 for for rear (not counting rows). That’s already plenty.[/quote]

I picked it up from one of Thibs’ threads. Basically, you sit in the middle of a bench with the DBs resting on the bench at your sides so that your arms will be at app. a 30-45 degree angle to your torso, depending on your proportions off course. From this dead start you do an explosive lateral raise, coming back down to rest on the bench. This eliminates any cheating from using momentum, and eliminates the stretch reflex as well. Anyway, I just started doing them, and think they have a good feel, and isolates the lateral delt quite well.

[quote]Nyral wrote:

Anyway just keep 1 isolation for medial and 1 for for rear (not counting rows). That’s already plenty.[/quote]

I picked it up from one of Thibs’ threads. Basically, you sit in the middle of a bench with the DBs resting on the bench at your sides so that your arms will be at app. a 30-45 degree angle to your torso, depending on your proportions off course. From this dead start you do an explosive lateral raise, coming back down to rest on the bench. This eliminates any cheating from using momentum, and eliminates the stretch reflex as well. Anyway, I just started doing them, and think they have a good feel, and isolates the lateral delt quite well.

This might be a double post…site is acting funny on my comp

I would probably drop the shoulders on chest day. Hit them hard twice a week and that should be plenty. The amount of volume is probably fine, as long as your form is good and you fit in some rehab exercises at the end of your workouts (YTWL’s or something)