T Nation

4-Day Dreamer Bulk?

So I’ll be on vacation from Friday to Tuesday and from Friday to Monday I’ll be open to as much food as I want, at no cost. So considering I’m on a bulk, what if for those four days I ate around 4000-4500 calories (1k above my usual)? I would still work out. Would I gain too much fat for it to even be useful or would it possibly give me a little boost?

Is this one of those all you can eat and drink resorts in Mexico?

Just enjoy your vacation; eat when your hungry, sleep when your tired, drink when your sober, etc.

Your not going to turn into a fatty in 4 days.

[quote]JLone wrote:
drink when your sober[/quote]
The OP is 16, as per his profile. I know you UK guys booze it up early, but this kiddo doesn’t need encouragement. :wink:

However, profile also says he’s 6’0" and 145 pounds. Eat, son, eat!

Really though, in four days, you might gain a few pounds on the scale, but it’s temporary and not actual muscle. The trick is going to be eating as close to that for as long as you can when you come back home.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:
drink when your sober[/quote]
The OP is 16, as per his profile. I know you UK guys booze it up early, but this kiddo doesn’t need encouragement. :wink:
[/quote]
I did not check his profile…

But as per all my “general” advice please take into account local laws and regulations and consult a doctor/lawyer/priest beforehand.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Really though, in four days, you might gain a few pounds on the scale, but it’s temporary and not actual muscle. The trick is going to be eating as close to that for as long as you can when you come back home.[/quote]
I usually eat around 3200-3500 calories a day, sound good?

Just make sure you’re getting a good chunk of protein and you’re good to go.

[quote]Guardmode wrote:
So I’ll be on vacation from Friday to Tuesday and from Friday to Monday I’ll be open to as much food as I want, at no cost. So considering I’m on a bulk, what if for those four days I ate around 4000-4500 calories (1k above my usual)? I would still work out. Would I gain too much fat for it to even be useful or would it possibly give me a little boost? [/quote]

I mean 4000-4500 is quite a lot, but as has been previously posted a 4 day binge in the grand scheme of things? Isn’t going to change much. Enjoy yourself and knuckle down when you get back. Remember it’s the diet that you follow 80% of the time that will dictate what you look like.

[quote]GuardMode wrote:
I usually eat around 3200-3500 calories a day, sound good?[/quote]
Dude, that’s like saying “I’m going to lift 55 pounds, is that alright?” However many calories you eat, if it doesn’t make the number on the scale go up each week, it’s not enough. There’s no real right or wrong answer about it.

[quote]JLone wrote:
I did not check his profile…

But as per all my “general” advice please take into account local laws and regulations and consult a doctor/lawyer/priest beforehand. [/quote]
No harm done. It’s not like you told the kid to go to the local pharmacia and pick up some Test.

P.S. - OP, do not go to the pharmacia to pick up some Test. That’s a bad idea.