T Nation

4:00 Cravings

Every afternoon around 4:00 I get intense cravings for sweets, particularly chocolate - especially when I am sticking to my diet. What’s up with that? Why mostly chocolate and not other kinds of sweets? I need to get over this, although I’m ashamed to admit I usually give in and hit the machine or go scavenging around the office for treats. Suggestions? Please help!

Are you pregnant?

Maybe you are not eating frequently enough. I always recommend to all my personal training clients to eat every 2-3 hours minimum. You can also get sweet cravings from being dehydrated. Make sure you are drinking enough water.

For sweet cravings, enjoy Crystal Light, sugar free ice pops, sugar free jello.

Olesya

[quote]badfolks wrote:
Every afternoon around 4:00 I get intense cravings for sweets, particularly chocolate - especially when I am sticking to my diet. What’s up with that? Why mostly chocolate and not other kinds of sweets? I need to get over this, although I’m ashamed to admit I usually give in and hit the machine or go scavenging around the office for treats. Suggestions? Please help![/quote]

I usually just make myself a protein shake with a scoop of chocolate protein. I would suggest making it before you go to work and taking it to work with you and keeping it in a fridge, if you have one at work.

You could maybe take a handful of chocolate covered pretzels.

Not exactly the healthiest, but not the worst.

Maybe having some low fat chocolate pudding, or chocolate milk even.