3x385 Decline Bench with Slingshot

192lbs body weight

Thought I would share with you guys from my benching session this week.

Did 365x5 with the same setup, but it wont let me upload the vid on the second post.

damn bro, that horrible music is the gym negated any effects of that slingshot! lol

Good stuff man. I’m 9 weeks post shoulder surgery. I’m considering getting a SS or a titan ram when the doc lets me start lifting again - which I’m DYING for but won’t get the ok for some time sadly.

I think you suggested the slingshot in my quest for building up to a 405 lb raw press before the end of the year. I love it man, my chest has widened out big time along with my triceps getting thicker. It really allows you to overload the bar nicely.

I wonder how the titan ram is any different than the slingshot? I hope you recovery comes sooner than later, and yes, that is the one and only thing I dislike about my gym, the music is horendous, lol. Most of the time it is soft rock:(

i noticed this is the maddog slingshot. How much do you get out of it? comparison to the original?

i use both the titan and the slingshot on a regular basis. i find that i get more out of the titan thant he slingshot and i’m talking about the maddog slingshot. i’ll add a couple vids of how i use them. i noticed that you allow it to slip up your arm. i find that i get more out of both of them if i keep it on my elbows. i also buy them one size smaller than what is recommended for my size. i’ve hit 600 with my normal titan and upper 500’s with the maddog.

I also let my md slingshot sit right above my elbow on my lower bicep. I’ll try your trick meat and try to keep it around the elbow and see if I get more out of it. Good to know. Problem is my elbows are not very beefy so that thing will have hard time sitting there.

ramzy - for what it’s worth, I’ve hit a not too hard 315 raw single on bench and i’ve done a very comfortable 345 for 2 with the maddog slingshot. I’d say I get ~50 lbs out of it. I consider that pretty f*in good knowing people who get less out of their single ply shirts.

Aramzy- i got a very smooth 405lbs with the original slingshot, up and down , no sticking. I then bought the maddog, and so far that is the heaviest i have done with it. I feel i had one more rep in the tank in my 385lb vid, but with no spotter i opted not to try, lol. 385x4 with the maddog vs.405x1 with the original. Early this spring i hit 385lbs raw which felt like an eternity to get up as a gauge for you.

Maraudermeat-thanks for the tip, i am going to try over the elbows on my next session and report back. Are you comparing the super ram to the maddog in your benching vid?

[quote]cutt wrote:
Aramzy- i got a very smooth 405lbs with the original slingshot, up and down , no sticking. I then bought the maddog, and so far that is the heaviest i have done with it. I feel i had one more rep in the tank in my 385lb vid, but with no spotter i opted not to try, lol. 385x4 with the maddog vs.405x1 with the original. Early this spring i hit 385lbs raw which felt like an eternity to get up as a gauge for you.

Maraudermeat-thanks for the tip, i am going to try over the elbows on my next session and report back. Are you comparing the super ram to the maddog in your benching vid? [/quote]
i only have the regular ram. i won a cerftificate at my last meet for a free RAM and sent Titan an email about switching it to a Super Ram and haven’t heard anything.

you will build more resistance in the ram and slingshot by having it on your elbows.

410lbs x 2 with slingshot over the elbows yesterday, it definitely gives you more power that way.

Good stuff CUTT! You should try that on a flat bench. I’d imagine you’d get more support from that SS on a flat due to body angle? Either way great progress so far dude.

Thanks brotha? My right shoulder gets a little irritated when on flat, that is why I switched to decline a few months back. Hitting decline does not bother it at all, what gives:)

Yes, wendlers 5/3/1, and carb back loading with the density bulking option has really worked great for me. Additionally, adding some nice power lifting tools has enabled me to really put up some descent weight.

What part of TN are you in, I went to UT-Chattanooga for my college years?

Making descent progress with wendlers 5/3/1 and the maddog, yesterday I pressed 376 lbs 5 times without any problem. I am looking forward to my 3rd week of the mesocycle, where I shoot for 420lbs.

Next week I shoot for 398 lbs x 3 reps, which should give me a good guage as to where I am at. I will video it for the fella’s.

[quote]cutt wrote:
Making descent progress with wendlers 5/3/1 and the maddog, yesterday I pressed 376 lbs 5 times without any problem. I am looking forward to my 3rd week of the mesocycle, where I shoot for 420lbs.

Next week I shoot for 398 lbs x 3 reps, which should give me a good guage as to where I am at. I will video it for the fella’s. [/quote]

“YODA voice”… NO SHOOT for! only DO!

you got that man! smash it!!

I say shoot, because I am experiencing back soarness right above my shoulder blades, it feels like it is the spine. I may have to cut right back on lifting, and heavier weight all thogether :frowning:

I may go see and spine doctor to see what really is going on.

Hit a PR today of 420lbs x 3…

Hit 315 x 12 for two sets on cool down.

420lbs

Damn vids wont upload, hopefully this works…

Good stuff man. I saw my Ortho today for my 3 month post shoulder surgery / rebuild. He said that I can resume “life”. Said to ease back into lifting. Well I just id some Swiss bar bench pressing and I topped out at a whopping 75#!! haha My poor left arm was shaking like a leaf the whole time.

Maybe in a few months I can worry about getting me a slingshot and seeing what I can do with it. So you still liking that thing Cutt?