3x3 Routine

Hi, I started Korte’s 3x3 routine this week and although I have only done the first session I would like to ask a couple of questions.
How much rest should I give myself between sets.
Once I do get to the last session after 8 weeks how do I recalculate my poundages, would I try for my maxes again.

As this routine only uses 3 exersizes is it ok to use all year round. I was thinking of continuing with it until I am lifting decent weights and then maybe adding some other exersizes.
Cheers.

[quote]gav223 wrote:
How much rest should I give myself between sets.
[/quote]
as long as you need. do the next set when you’re ready.

yes, if you feel the need

[quote]
As this routine only uses 3 exersizes is it ok to use all year round. [/quote]

no. switch it up for a couple of months or so and then come back to it

Hi Robo1, when I asked about re-testing my 1 rep max at the end of wek 8, you said do it if I fel the need. I’m assuming that after 8 weeks of this training I should have added some weight on all 3 ex. If I do surely I would have to get my new 1 rep max, so I can workout my new %.
Can you please tell me why I can’t do this all year. I’ve read from Korte that this can be done all year without adding any accessory ex. Apart from the calves most of the body is being worked in one way or another.
Cheers.

[quote]gav223 wrote:
Hi Robo1, when I asked about re-testing my 1 rep max at the end of wek 8, you said do it if I fel the need. I’m assuming that after 8 weeks of this training I should have added some weight on all 3 ex. If I do surely I would have to get my new 1 rep max, so I can workout my new %.
Can you please tell me why I can’t do this all year. I’ve read from Korte that this can be done all year without adding any accessory ex. Apart from the calves most of the body is being worked in one way or another.
Cheers.[/quote]

Sorry, just to clarify. the program was designed to end in a meet, which would give you an idea of your max strength without having to retest. That’s why I said if you feel the need. I usually know how much progress I’ve made after a meet and usually don’t need to then go out a retest my raw maxes.

most people I know will just add 10 lbs or 20 lbs to every lift the next cycle and go forward. It depends on how well you know your body. If you feel like you need to retest then retest.

On your second point about doing this all year, Korte’s logic behind doing HIS program all year long is that you can weather the higher volume by cycling through the two phases. However, this is based on lifting in gear the last four weeks, and competing in a meet in week 9 or 10. you want to go 8 straight weeks raw with no competition and then repeat the program? Good luck.

I would deload, and then do 3 or 4 weeks of a lower volume program and then come back to korte. Plus, while I agree with korte’s logic on specificity I don’t agree with the logic behind staying on the exact same regimen all the time. your body adapts very quickly and just adding weight to the bar after 8 weeks isn’t going to provide the same stimulus that you got form the first go round.

also despite korte’s assertions about o-lifters, those guys do a lot of assistance work as well as variations of the snatch and clean. They don’t just do full snatches and full clean and jerks year round and nothing else. That’s a myth.

Hi robo1, thanks for your comments. I’ve just got a couple more questions if you don’t mind.
If I continue with this programme for at least the first 8 week cycle, will it give me improvments on my lifts (strength).