3x Week?

Hey im a student at university now and prior to this i was working out in the gym 3 days a week…and these 3 days a week were full body work-outs as opposed to targeting specific areas.

I found it was hard but i could still easily manage, however my workouts were really long, sometimes over two hours… however id get really tired near the end of my workout

Anyways my question is working out for to long counterproductive? would switching to a 4 or 5 day a week system be better? shorter workouts targeting specific areas like legs one day back the next? I know it would be more convenient on time but what about productivity?

Can anyone show me and example of wha they work on specific days…like legs back tuesday ect

thanx

Might wanna try a Waterbury programm, he has some good ones that are three days a week, fullbody. Or, check out some of CT’s work and incorporate it into a basic split.

It really depends on preference; many people like splits and say they get better results, others prefer fullbody and get great results as well if their nutrition is intact. Go with what works best for you.

You are going to get a million answers and a pissing match is going to start. Find what works for you and fits around what is a hell of a lot more important to you, that is, learning, achieving, performing at school. let me ask you this. If you were to get an 85 on an exam, and I could promise you that if you spend 2 hours, three times per week, for up to 6 or 8 weeks, you were to raise that to an 87, would you committ to that? Economize your training. Set priorities. Train effectively.