3X BW Deadlift List All Requirements

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]Wild_Iron_Gym wrote:
You just deadlift and keep getting better at it. I’ve done it at 220 and I’m close at 242. It’s honestly easier the lighter you are. There’s not to many 275 guys that can do it. Once you’re above 275 there’s not a single lifter that can do it.[/quote]

O RLY?

Konsti can afford to gain at least 18lb and still do it.[/quote]

Maxim Podtynny and Dan Wohleber also.

Edit, they were 275, not over 275.

Might want to message Tim Henriques, he’s a regular contributor here and has great info to share about deadlifting. He pulled 700 at 198.

Jeminz
I highly recommend isometric deadlift training in addition to a solid strength program.
With the isometrics you can zero in on your weakest points. The isometrics and and actual deadlifting
should be the core of your ‘deadlift day’ or ‘hip dominant day’ or whatever you want to call it

Btw, body type has alot to do with your training. If your ‘built’ for the deadlift (longarms, relatively short torso, etc…) you will require little assistance work for the lift (if any). But if you’re not, you have to be smart with the assistance exercises you choose.

The first time that you ever do a deadlift and its not 2x bw or higher, you probably wont hit a 3x bw. This is just my opinion.

Ed Coan is the man!!

[quote]coffee wrote:
The first time that you ever do a deadlift and its not 2x bw or higher, you probably wont hit a 3x bw. This is just my opinion.[/quote]

I hope, at some point, to prove you wrong.

[quote]Mr. Zero wrote:
Jeminz
I highly recommend isometric deadlift training in addition to a solid strength program.
With the isometrics you can zero in on your weakest points. The isometrics and and actual deadlifting
should be the core of your ‘deadlift day’ or ‘hip dominant day’ or whatever you want to call it

Btw, body type has alot to do with your training. If your ‘built’ for the deadlift (longarms, relatively short torso, etc…) you will require little assistance work for the lift (if any). But if you’re not, you have to be smart with the assistance exercises you choose.[/quote]

What the hell is going on around here? Is it a full moon or something? Where are these people coming from?

I literally don’t know anybody who pulls 3X who has ever done isometrics.

Also, your assertion about assistance work is pure bunk.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on in this forum right now?!?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]coffee wrote:
The first time that you ever do a deadlift and its not 2x bw or higher, you probably wont hit a 3x bw. This is just my opinion.[/quote]

I hope, at some point, to prove you wrong.[/quote]

I don’t think this is true at all. Simply because one is not a natural deadlifter doesn’t mean that they can’t learn and strengthen themselves to a high degree. When I first deadlifted it was probably 315 at 185 which Is not a 2 x bw. I have hit 585 at 200 lb, but since then have not been training maximal strength. I have no doubt that I could hit a 2 x bw if I cut down to 200 lb (around 220 now) and dedicated a little time to maximal strength. OP, you just need to deadlift consistently all the time regardless of how you are training. The deadlift is a lift that if neglected will suffer, unlike other lifts in my opinion.

Ok, relax, I only said PROBABLY. You also haven’t hit a 3x bw pull yet so don’t act like what i’m saying is so far fetched.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]coffee wrote:

I hope you do too. I didn’t say it was impossible. What the hell do I know anyway. Good luck.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:

[quote]Mr. Zero wrote:
Jeminz

Btw, body type has alot to do with your training. If your ‘built’ for the deadlift (longarms, relatively short torso, etc…) you will require little assistance work for the lift (if any). But if you’re not, you have to be smart with the assistance exercises you choose.[/quote]

What the hell is going on around here? Is it a full moon or something? Where are these people coming from?

Seriously, what the fuck is going on in this forum right now?!?[/quote]

-First, I don’t care if you “don’t know anybody who pulls 3X who has ever done isometrics”
You probably don’t “know” anyone who pulls 3x bodyweight anyway.
-Second, it was a recommendation so calm down.
-pure bunk?? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? You have no clue what you are talking about. It is a FACT that certain bodytypes require more assistance work in certain lifts.

Christian Thibaudeau

It’s not so much a trick as it is injecting some common sense in your training. Utilize the exercises that will give YOU the most gains. Not all exercises work equally well for everybody. Here are some tips:

1. If you have long arms and long legs relative to your torso, your limbs will respond best to unilateral exercises.

2. If you have short legs, the squat and its variation is pretty much all you need for optimal leg growth.

3. If you have short arms you will need little, if any direct triceps work. Various presses and dips will do.

4. If you have short arms and a long torso, you will need a lot of assistance work to improve your deadlift.

5. If you have long arms, you will need more direct biceps and triceps work to make them grow.

[quote]coffee wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]coffee wrote:

I hope you do too. I didn’t say it was impossible. What the hell do I know anyway. Good luck.
[/quote]

Jeremy, I think you might know a hell of a lot. It’s funny what some people say on here sometimes.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
You’re annoying.

You need to pack up your little rucksack and head over to the beginners forum.

Come back to this forum when you no longer feel the urge to post stupid newb shit.[/quote]
LOLUMADNERD? LOLANGRY? LOL

[quote]Mr. Zero wrote:
Jeminz

My excercises now consist of Squat deadlift bench heavy , the Deadlift i start off basically rack pulls and lower the level every training day and then when I pull from the floor i start from the rack and go heavier

[quote]coffee wrote:

ummmmm

I am 195 lbs,13-14% bf, deadlifted 185 lbs for the first time, been training for 18 months and I can deadlift a little bit more than 500. I dont know how long and hard is the road from 500 to 600 but I am pretty sure that when I will reach 600 I will be able to cut down to 200lbs. I got a deadlift body type also

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]coffee wrote:

I don’t think this is true at all. Simply because one is not a natural deadlifter doesn’t mean that they can’t learn and strengthen themselves to a high degree. When I first deadlifted it was probably 315 at 185 which Is not a 2 x bw. I have hit 585 at 200 lb, but since then have not been training maximal strength. I have no doubt that I could hit a 2 x bw if I cut down to 200 lb (around 220 now) and dedicated a little time to maximal strength. OP, you just need to deadlift consistently all the time regardless of how you are training. The deadlift is a lift that if neglected will suffer, unlike other lifts in my opinion. [/quote]
yea i never dont do the main 3 lifts i do them 3 x a week heavy

[quote]Mr. Zero wrote:

[quote]apwsearch wrote:

[quote]Mr. Zero wrote:
Jeminz

Seriously, what the fuck is going on in this forum right now?!?[/quote]

-First, I don’t care if you “don’t know anybody who pulls 3X who has ever done isometrics”
You probably don’t “know” anyone who pulls 3x bodyweight anyway.
-Second, it was a recommendation so calm down.
-pure bunk?? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? You have no clue what you are talking about. It is a FACT that certain bodytypes require more assistance work in certain lifts.

Christian Thibaudeau

It’s not so much a trick as it is injecting some common sense in your training. Utilize the exercises that will give YOU the most gains. Not all exercises work equally well for everybody. Here are some tips:

1. If you have long arms and long legs relative to your torso, your limbs will respond best to unilateral exercises.

2. If you have short legs, the squat and its variation is pretty much all you need for optimal leg growth.

3. If you have short arms you will need little, if any direct triceps work. Various presses and dips will do.

4. If you have short arms and a long torso, you will need a lot of assistance work to improve your deadlift.

5. If you have long arms, you will need more direct biceps and triceps work to make them grow.

[/quote]

Damn, you sure put that guy in his rightful place. You totally have a million clues what you’re talking about!

[quote]undesired08 wrote:

[quote]coffee wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]coffee wrote:

[/quote]

Jeremy, I think you might know a hell of a lot. It’s funny what some people say on here sometimes.[/quote]

I wouldn’t want to discourage someone from pushing for a personal goal. I really do hope DD pulls 3x bw if that’s what he wants to do.

2 years ago I had an emergency appendectomy, this is just for time reference and to describe my current state of well being around that time. Previous best was a 265 deadlift @ about 160, nothing crazy.
About 6 months post-surgery, I pulled double bodyweight, so new a PR as well as a benchmark for myself that my guts had healed. I did lots of single leg deadlifts, with db’s and bb’s every session, a clean or snatch variation every session as well. On the single leg deadlifts, I got up to 150 lbs x 2 Single Leg RDL, I got it noted that that was an ugly set but whatever, doesn’t really matter now.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[quote]coffee wrote:

ummmmm

I am 195 lbs,13-14% bf, deadlifted 185 lbs for the first time, been training for 18 months and I can deadlift a little bit more than 500. I dont know how long and hard is the road from 500 to 600 but I am pretty sure that when I will reach 600 I will be able to cut down to 200lbs. I got a deadlift body type also[/quote]

Yes, long road for most people who are at or around your size. Going from 500 - 600 will probably put some mass on you too. You would probably have a better chance of pulling 660 at 220 than 600 at 200. Good luck, I think you will get there.