3X BW Deadlift List All Requirements

list all the requirements to achieve this godly goal somebody please help

Have a body weight of X. Lift 3*X.

1. Good grammar;

2. Mastery of punctuation; and

3. The willingness to capitalize letters to signal the start of sentences.

not a great deadlifter here AT ALL…getting back into them actually and wanting to hit somethin fairly good. I would say the biggest thing is having the right bodytype for deadlifting is pretty big factor.

Some guys pull 440lbs within a first few sessions of deadlifting cause they have the right bodytype for it.
I have a great bodytype for squatting…for me to get to 405 was pretty damn easy actually. and for some it seems to hit 405 will never come.

Same thing goes with benching.

That’s why I neglected deadlifting…I’m great at squat and bench…I hate deadlifts cause I’m not good at them (except trap bar deads)

Whats your current deadlift and at what bodyweight?
There’s a deadlift thread I opened up because I specifically want to get it up, check it out. Some great responses on their how things are set up and what works etc etc.

what is your current deadlift? what program are you using? perhaps try the Coan-Philippi deadlift program. I hear it’s brutal, but effective.

Step 1: Achieve 2x bodyweight deadlift.
Step 2: Get really lean.
Step 3: ?

Lol. When I first read this, I read it as “How to get to bodyweight x 3 reps”.

But you’re talking about a 200 pound guy lifting 600, etc, right? Any way you slice it, this is a feat for the true top tier. Most of the people who can do this have developed their own methods of training based on years of their own personal experience about what works for them.

You probably should be setting incremental goals and focusing on making steady and solid improvements over time. Then keep doing that until you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you are a 200 pound guy lifting 400 pounds, you could shoot for an extra 5 pounds each week.

There would undoubtedly be weeks where things don’t go right, but even if you only succeeded every other week, you would hit 600 within a couple of years. (Of course you would weigh 230+ by then, so you’d have another year to go. But you would eventually catch it.)

Whatever you do, keep pushing your limits. But never let your form slide. You will never get there if you injure yourself.

You just deadlift and keep getting better at it. I’ve done it at 220 and I’m close at 242. It’s honestly easier the lighter you are. There’s not to many 275 guys that can do it. Once you’re above 275 there’s not a single lifter that can do it.

1. Be as small as you can - 4 feet 5 inches is very good
  2. Dont be fat
  3. Be very strong

[quote]Wild_Iron_Gym wrote:
You just deadlift and keep getting better at it. I’ve done it at 220 and I’m close at 242. It’s honestly easier the lighter you are. There’s not to many 275 guys that can do it. Once you’re above 275 there’s not a single lifter that can do it.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure Andy Bolton was under 330lbs when he pulled 1000lbs.

+5 pounds at a time.

a strong back

You’re annoying.

You need to pack up your little rucksack and head over to the beginners forum.

Come back to this forum when you no longer feel the urge to post stupid newb shit.

step 1: steal underwear
step 2: ???
step 3: profit

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:

You just deadlift and keep getting better at it. I’ve done it at 220 and I’m close at 242. It’s honestly easier the lighter you are. There’s not to many 275 guys that can do it. Once you’re above 275 there’s not a single lifter that can do it.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure Andy Bolton was under 330lbs when he pulled 1000lbs.[/quote]

was he not 350lbs?

I think Bolton is 350 or more. The guy is very tall for a powerlifter. If he weighed 330, then he could easily compete as 308 with 24 hour weigh in rules. He doesn’t compete 308, so he’s probably a ways above 330.

[quote]FutureGL wrote:
step 1: steal underwear
step 2: ???
step 3: profit[/quote]

Ah hahahahaha. That’s awesome.

What’s Phase 2?

I don’t know, but phase 3 is PROFIT!!!

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:

I’m pretty sure Andy Bolton was under 330lbs when he pulled 1000lbs.[/quote]

Andy’s wasn’t 3x bodyweight according to PLW.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/900-pound-deadlift

Just one person over 275 to ever do it. And one guy was close at 2.96…

O RLY?

Konsti can afford to gain at least 18lb and still do it.

I just thought Coan with 901 @ 220 should be mentioned in this thread. BW x 4.1