T Nation

3rd Graders Don't Play!

Nah, stop.

Encouragement of this kind of behavior will only lead to me killing one of these little bastards one day. So again, please, for my sake and possibly one day, your own kids sake. Do not condone this behavior as clever, smart, tactful, or anything but juvenile.

I’m speaking from experience, fyi. I was a pretty bad kid, I would have been worse if I didn’t get my ass beat at least four times a year.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
dk44 wrote:
This world has gone to hell. When I was in third grade I liked abnormal things like “sports, Scooby-doo, Hi-C Fruit Punch,…”

Hi-C? I was more of a Five-Alive guy myself.
[/quote]

Rich kids.

Kool-Aid for me.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
dk44 wrote:
This world has gone to hell. When I was in third grade I liked abnormal things like “sports, Scooby-doo, Hi-C Fruit Punch,…”

Hi-C? I was more of a Five-Alive guy myself.

Rich kids.

Kool-Aid for me.[/quote]

Yep.

Tang, Kool-Aid, and powdered milk, here.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
I find this incredibly awesome and disturbing at the same time.

The disturbing part deeply overshadows the awesome aspect. There’s definitely a problem here if 3rd grades are plotting to violently attack their teacher in a complexly premeditated manner.

What in the hell is wrong with these kids?[/quote]

Is does appear to be an exaggerated response. My uneducated guess would be that ‘scolding’ was not an isolated incident. It would be interesting and key, I think, to read about what this scolding entailed and any previous incidents in this particular classroom. This does not seem like a normal response from a group of children that have just been told not to do something like stand on a chair.

That story does not make sense and all of the pertinent details are not present.

I seriously doubt they ever would’ve worked up the balls to actually attempt this. This looks like another harebrained scheme typical of kids that age, albeit with a more dramatic twist.

[quote]MsM wrote:
Is does appear to be an exaggerated response…That story does not make sense and all of the pertinent details are not present.[/quote]

Agreed. I’m thinking that maybe the teacher is too strict or “unfair” or something along those lines. An isolated incident like this is highly unlikely, especially given the fact that the teacher “scolded” a student for standing on a chair. Like you, I’d like to know all the facts, such as what the class is like and what actually happened regarding the disciplinary action in question.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
dk44 wrote:
This world has gone to hell. When I was in third grade I liked abnormal things like “sports, Scooby-doo, Hi-C Fruit Punch,…”

Hi-C? I was more of a Five-Alive guy myself.

Rich kids.

Kool-Aid for me.

Yep.

Tang, Kool-Aid, and powdered milk, here.[/quote]

I was a Hi-C Ecto Cooler kid. You know, the green shit with Slimer from the GhostBusters on the bottle.

Pile drive them all now and be done with it. You would probably be saving their future victims and the taxpayers a lot of trouble.

www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com

Could someone please explain to me how to post a hyperlink? Unfortunately, I stabbed my computer science teacher with a rusty screwdriver before that lesson.

This begs the question like man vs. bear. T-Nation bodybuilding/powerlifting teacher vs. 9 3rd graders yielding a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape, etc…who wins?

[quote]Reef wrote:
This begs the question like man vs. bear. T-Nation bodybuilding/powerlifting teacher vs. 9 3rd graders yielding a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape, etc…who wins? [/quote]

9 3rd graders. No contest.

[quote]etaco wrote:
I seriously doubt they ever would’ve worked up the balls to actually attempt this. This looks like another harebrained scheme typical of kids that age, albeit with a more dramatic twist.[/quote]

Exactly. And to all the people who blame the parents, stop. I’m not saying their folks’ are perfect, but sometimes kids are just bad. My folks were pretty cool, and I was a maniac as a kid. And, they [mostly my mom] beat the shit outta me when I fucked up [which was often] and I continued to get in trouble. The facts are some kids just don’t give a fuck, and rational thought is less involved than it would be with anyother 8-9 year old.

[quote]Reef wrote:
This begs the question like man vs. bear. T-Nation bodybuilding/powerlifting teacher vs. 9 3rd graders yielding a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape, etc…who wins? [/quote]

The second a grown man knocks the first kid on his ass the others will probably stop their advance, 3rd grade = 9 years old or so. Your worst enemy here as the adult(especially one that chose to teach special education) is that you probably have some value for their lives and won’t let yourself go totally(which is one of the questions in that how many 5 year olds test thing.)

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:
Pile drive them all now and be done with it. You would probably be saving their future victims and the taxpayers a lot of trouble.

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com

[/quote]

put http:// before it.

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com

[quote]etaco wrote:
I seriously doubt they ever would’ve worked up the balls to actually attempt this. This looks like another harebrained scheme typical of kids that age, albeit with a more dramatic twist.[/quote]

I don’t think they would have either, but the fact that they actually brought the tools to school (knife, handcuffs, paperwieght) and went as far in planning as to designate people to cover windows and clean up after, shows that they put far too much serious thought into this for it to be anywhere near typical 8 year old highjinx. I think the response was appropriate.

I agree with meangenes. Kids dont get their asses beaten nearly enough. I was lucky enough to have a dad who didnt care if it made me mad at him. I stepped out of line and I learned a lesson from it. It wasnt just break a rule, get your ass beaten, end of story though. He always made sure to explain to me why I was in trouble. I have friends whose parents didnt discipline them beyond “time outs” and I hate to say that most of them are complete douchebags and still think the world should coddle them.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
VanderLaan wrote:
Pile drive them all now and be done with it. You would probably be saving their future victims and the taxpayers a lot of trouble.

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com

put http:// before it.

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com [/quote]

Thanks. I tried that and I got an error. Not sure what I did wrong.

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:
hungry4more wrote:

Beating off nine 3rd graders would be harder than it sounds I bet. [/quote]

Sorry, just had to point this out.

But seriously these kids are fucked up and need to be taught a lesson.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
dk44 wrote:
This world has gone to hell. When I was in third grade I liked abnormal things like “sports, Scooby-doo, Hi-C Fruit Punch,…”

Hi-C? I was more of a Five-Alive guy myself.

Rich kids.

Kool-Aid for me.[/quote]

LOL, had my share of that too. Five Alive was my favorite though.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Exactly. And to all the people who blame the parents, stop. I’m not saying their folks’ are perfect, but sometimes kids are just bad. My folks were pretty cool, and I was a maniac as a kid. And, they [mostly my mom] beat the shit outta me when I fucked up [which was often] and I continued to get in trouble. The facts are some kids just don’t give a fuck, and rational thought is less involved than it would be with anyother 8-9 year old.[/quote]

I agree 100%. There are always some straight up bad kids. Sure, the average kid is better behaved with more discipline, but there are some that will respond to punishment with worse behavior. We all wanna hear the story and say ‘yeah, kids today are crazy as shit,’ but I kinda doubt that these are run of the mill children doing this.