3on/1off : YOUR RESULTS?

Thanks Juggernaut! That’s really awesome that you have met them both! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if my genetics are awesome, I just remember hitting 210 pounds with 17+ inch arms and 27 quads fairly quickly when I trained like a bodybuilder,and lost a lot of that size while training like a PL’er; so I am definetly looking forward to it.

Yesterday I did quad/hams and I can’t even walk today. I think the high rep leg extensions and high rep front squats just tore me to pieces, as well as the hamstring curls.

Did you by any chance ever get to ask Lou if he was actually supersetting his Chest and Back? I know he just did all his bicep work first,then did triceps;and did Quads first then Hamstrings, but I don’t know about Chest & back. I know Arnold Supersetted Chest&Back.

=D

Just did Chest & Back today. It was absolutely brutal.

The hardest part was when I did 50 unassisted pullups in total (10 each set), then 40 unassisted chinups (10 each set) ; each were supersetted with Flat and Incline Barbell Bench>

Workout was just crazy, but my poundages on the big lifts had dropped about 10-15 pounds each due to the supersets(and also Back work fatigues Chest pretty bad, must be due to the chest stretch on Pullups/Chins,and also lats unable to assist bench).

I think I’m going to just do Chest and finish it, THEN go to back instead of doing 1 then the other repeatedly to the end.

Fhew…

I don’t think moving a split around is such a big deal, main thing is to avoid injury and doing something stupid like tons of front raises before benching.

I tried loads of different splits, but I have to say, that this one (3on/1off) was the best I ever did! And I am back on it now aswell!

Day 1: Chest/Back
Day 2: Quads/Hams/Abs
Day 3: Delts/Arms
Day 4: OFF
Day 5: START ALL OVER

I do Quads/Hams/Abs in the middle, in order to give my Shoulders and Arms some rest, as they are actually trained aswell in the Chest/Back Day! :slight_smile:

@ Dom_540
That looks like maybe the best 3on/1off i have ever seen.
Thanks!

[quote]Dom_540 wrote:
I tried loads of different splits, but I have to say, that this one (3on/1off) was the best I ever did! And I am back on it now aswell!

Day 1: Chest/Back
Day 2: Quads/Hams/Abs
Day 3: Delts/Arms
Day 4: OFF
Day 5: START ALL OVER

I do Quads/Hams/Abs in the middle, in order to give my Shoulders and Arms some rest, as they are actually trained aswell in the Chest/Back Day! :)[/quote]

Although I have seen this routine time and time again, the big problem with it(at least to me), is that squatting while having a fatigued back not only lowers your poundages significantly, but also can be extremely dangerous. The Erectors,Lats,and a dozen other back muscles contribute SIGNIFICANTLY toward the squat movement ; I have tried it many times and ended up just being in a very dangerous situation with squats, having bad form, tons of fatigue, unable to stabilize properly,and not even being able to stimulate my legs because all I feel is my back.

That’s why I prefer doing Legs the day before Back is done; or simply having minimum of 1 day in between each. I think that’s why…

Day1.Chest/Arms, Day2.Quads/Hams,Day3.Delts/Back Day4. Off Repeat

and…

Day1. Chest/Back Day2. Delts/Arms Day3. Quads/Hams Repeat(or take a day off in between) is much more popular and IMHO better.

^ That’s just me though. I know people that do fine on that too^

Actually its all kinda possible. Its up to everyone and how this person is able to recover (where are his weak and strong points)! But yea, its true, there is never a 100% perfect Split ;)…

Normally, its quite famous to have it like this aswell: Chest/Back - Legs/Abs - OFF - Delts/Arms - OFF - Start Again… Because on the leg day, you actually train more than half of your whole body and Quads and Hams are really big muscles which need some rest… :-\

But I gotta give it a try on Chest/Back - Legs/Abs - Delts/Arms - Off

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:
Thanks Juggernaut! That’s really awesome that you have met them both! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if my genetics are awesome, I just remember hitting 210 pounds with 17+ inch arms and 27 quads fairly quickly when I trained like a bodybuilder,and lost a lot of that size while training like a PL’er; so I am definetly looking forward to it.

Yesterday I did quad/hams and I can’t even walk today. I think the high rep leg extensions and high rep front squats just tore me to pieces, as well as the hamstring curls.

Did you by any chance ever get to ask Lou if he was actually supersetting his Chest and Back? I know he just did all his bicep work first,then did triceps;and did Quads first then Hamstrings, but I don’t know about Chest & back. I know Arnold Supersetted Chest&Back.

=D[/quote]
Lou did a ton of supersetting. His book has his actual handwritten training journal from when he was shooting his hercules movie. He did supersets every single workout. On Friday if he felt fatigued, he would train legs and abs as a Giant set of like 12 exercises including quads, hams, calves and abs, repeating it 5-6 times.

I have a question about your thinking. If I was a powerlifter and my lifts went down from a certain style of training (supersetting chest and back) then I would change my routine because the weight lifted is the actual goal. If I was a bodybuilder, I would say, this method is challenging my muscles in a new way, and this stimulus will help me build new muscle. Why stop superseting just because your performance drops.

You’re right Juggernaut, perhaps I should just continue supersetting Chest & Back. Wow, I never knew Lou did supersets because in some of his writing/interviews, he said on his Arms day he did nothing but 30 minutes of biceps first,then his triceps after. I figured if he did that with just bicep/tricep, that he probably also did the same thing with Chest and Back. I guess he and Arnold thought/did the same then lol!

Also yeah, I guess some people can do Legs the day after Back; I am not one of those people ( unless I am not squatting and only doing LP,Extension,Curl,Calf,etc). No way in heck I’m doing Front Squats or Romanian Deadlifts the day after Heavy Rows,Chins,etc lol