It was great finding this site and the deep accurate information I found here!
I (39 yr old male) have read all the stickies (maybe not with 100% retention) and am having some issues:
- for last 1+ year low libido, no wood at all, eventhough I was on a cycle or two in that time - still no libido (!!) (was not on anything heavy - max was 750mg Sust 250/week)
- in the last 3 months it has gotten worse -> now even with the smallest amount of physical exertion I break into a sweat and can see in pics that my face is flushed red; this has made me socially withdraw and stop going dancing. I could relate to most of the symptoms attributed to Andropause
- had a banging hot g/f but we hardly had sex in the last year, broke up 2 months ago
After my last cycle, I did a PCT with HCG, Nolva and Clomid.
Some test results:
*Jan 2017, well after my last cycle; very comprehensive tests:
- E2 40.6 (0-39.8 is the range) --> BAD
- SHBG 73.8 (14-48) --> BAD
- Test Free 14.4 (4.25 -30.37)
- Testosterone 578.9 (241-827)
- everything else like Thyroids, etc were normal
*17/05/2017 (last week) - a good 6 weeks after I did another PCT; smaller set of tests
- LH - 15.6 (1.7-8.6 is the range) --> BAD
- FSH 19.8 (1.5-12.4) --> BAD
- Serum testosterone 21.6 (7.6 - 31.4) - surprisingly high! To do with my high LH?
- TSH was 1.05 (ref range: 0.27 – 4.2)
- free t4 14.8 (12.0-22.0)
- Vit D was previously low (Jan 2017) and I was put on high Vit D for a few weeks; Vit D was not tested again
- everything else (CBC, Liver, Renal, Iron, Lipids, etc) were normal
I used to have one very sensitive testicle all my life but worryingly now it is not sensitive!
The other revelation I had after reading these forums was that about 1+ year ago, on a boozish night out (I dont drink anymore), I really badly hurt my head (no idea how - it was on the top back of my head … I fell down? I blacked out and woke up in my bed with traces of blood on the pillow, bedsheet, shirt, hair, head, etc). I went to hospital and got it all checked out and was given the all ok … but I feel that my libido problems started around then and also I feel dizzier easier than before when I am physically manipulated, yoga, etc. Could be a red herring.
I am still taking 3-4IU HGH EOD (does that affect LH and FSH? wouldn’t think so). I was taking 1-2.5mg of Finnastride ED but stopped that about a month ago.
I saw my GP (UK) yesterday and she has referred me to an Andrologist - but am looking at around 3 months for my first appointment and then probably another 3 months before there are any findings after another set of tests.
Are there any suggestions, tips I can try meanwhile - so I can get back in the dating game, I am almost house bound due to the heavy sweating issue.
I really hope I don’t have to go into TRT for life (but the 10 week steroid cycle had no effect on me so not sure TRT will help)
Just wanted to add that I do feel colder than normal these days (when in the apartment) but at the same time I feel hotter than normal when out an about - even minimal physical activities.
My eyebrows are thinning on the extremeties. I don’t eat much salt at all for most of my life … I also feel for the first time I am putting weight on my face - never ever happened before.
I have ordered an oral thermometer