37 Year Old TRT with 5 Week Blood Tests

Hello all,

I am new here but have read a several of the threads. Unfortunately I am still very confused as to everything I am reading.

When I went to my doctor I explained several symptoms I was having and she tested me for low testosterone; this was mainly due to a testicular injury I had when younger.

With that said, it seems as though my testosterone was in the normal range.

Day 0:

Report___________________Result________Ref. Range._______Units
ALBUMIN_________________4.8.__________3.5-5.2___________g/dL
TESTOSTERONE, TOT.,S.___384.0_________249.0-836.0_______ng/dL
SEX HORM.BIND.GLOB._____17____________10-57_____________nmol/L
FREE TESTOSTERONE______99.48_________30.00-150.00______pg/mL

Though I was in the normal range, after reading about TRT (while waiting on test results) and asked if we could try TRT to bring me to the upper end of the range. She agreed and put me on 100 mg/wk Cyp.

After 5 weeks she wanted to do blood tests. On top of the above I asked for my Estrodiol to be tested as well based on what I have read here.

Day 35:

ALBUMIN_________________4.8_____3.5-5.2_________g/dL
TESTOSTERONE, TOT.,S.___734.3___249.0-836.0_____ng/dL
SEX HORM.BIND.GLOB._____23______10-57___________nmol/L
FREE TESTOSTERONE______183.85__30.00-150.00____pg/mL
ESTRADIOL_______________40.17___7.02-49.06______pg/mL

My appointment to see my doctor again is in 2 weeks and I was looking for additional information before I go and see her. She is very open and is willing to work with me to ensure I am health and happy. Her notes were that my Free Test was high, but I should continue my current treatment plan.

I am wondering if my E2 is a bit high? I have read a couple places by a couple people that a good ref for your E2 is your SHBG. If they are aproximately the same, people tend to feel the best. Is this true? Should I ask about getting on an AI like Armidex @ .25 mg/EoD?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ray

[quote]theque wrote:
Hello all,

I am new here but have read a several of the threads. Unfortunately I am still very confused as to everything I am reading.

When I went to my doctor I explained several symptoms I was having and she tested me for low testosterone; this was mainly due to a testicular injury I had when younger.

With that said, it seems as though my testosterone was in the normal range.

Day 0:

Report___________________Result________Ref. Range._______Units
ALBUMIN_________________4.8.__________3.5-5.2___________g/dL
TESTOSTERONE, TOT.,S.___384.0_________249.0-836.0_______ng/dL
SEX HORM.BIND.GLOB._____17____________10-57_____________nmol/L
FREE TESTOSTERONE______99.48_________30.00-150.00______pg/mL

Though I was in the normal range, after reading about TRT (while waiting on test results) and asked if we could try TRT to bring me to the upper end of the range. She agreed and put me on 100 mg/wk Cyp.

After 5 weeks she wanted to do blood tests. On top of the above I asked for my Estrodiol to be tested as well based on what I have read here.

Day 35:

ALBUMIN_________________4.8_____3.5-5.2_________g/dL
TESTOSTERONE, TOT.,S.___734.3___249.0-836.0_____ng/dL
SEX HORM.BIND.GLOB._____23______10-57___________nmol/L
FREE TESTOSTERONE______183.85__30.00-150.00____pg/mL
ESTRADIOL_______________40.17___7.02-49.06______pg/mL

My appointment to see my doctor again is in 2 weeks and I was looking for additional information before I go and see her. She is very open and is willing to work with me to ensure I am health and happy. Her notes were that my Free Test was high, but I should continue my current treatment plan.

I am wondering if my E2 is a bit high? I have read a couple places by a couple people that a good ref for your E2 is your SHBG. If they are aproximately the same, people tend to feel the best. Is this true? Should I ask about getting on an AI like Armidex @ .25 mg/EoD?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ray[/quote]

How do you feel now? That’s what matters the most, aside from normal lab values!

Your estradiol is not high considering your healthy, high-normal testosterone value. I regularly test for testosterone with 100 mg cyp in the 700s and 800s as you do here, and probably will have a bit higher level now because of added 1000 IU HCG per week. My E2 is usually in the 30s and 40s. I suffer no estradiol-related symptoms.

Many men feel fine with E2 values of less than 50 so long as their T is in the high normal range (every guy I know on TRT).

If you feel fine and have normal physical and sexual function, I wouldn’t even bother taking an AI. I believe, after being a TRT patient for over a decade, that the current estradiol scare is overblown.

384 is not a good number, despite it being “normal”. Most men feel good at 500 to 1000 ng/dl, which is where my doc likes his patients.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
How do you feel now? That’s what matters the most, aside from normal lab values!

Your estradiol is not high considering your healthy, high-normal testosterone value. I regularly test for testosterone with 100 mg cyp in the 700s and 800s as you do here, and probably will have a bit higher level now because of added 1000 IU HCG per week. My E2 is usually in the 30s and 40s. I suffer no estradiol-related symptoms.

Many men feel fine with E2 values of less than 50 so long as their T is in the high normal range (every guy I know on TRT).

If you feel fine and have normal physical and sexual function, I wouldn’t even bother taking an AI. I believe, after being a TRT patient for over a decade, that the current estradiol scare is overblown.

384 is not a good number, despite it being “normal”. Most men feel good at 500 to 1000 ng/dl, which is where my doc likes his patients. [/quote]

Honestly, I feel great physically. From the sexual function point of view, I end to feel best on Wed, Thur, and Friday. I take my test on Fridays and it is clear that at the end of the week I feel best on the sexual function. I do not know if that helps.