T Nation

37 Y/O, 6-4 250 lbs. Rate My Physique. How Can I Improve?

that’s not a limit you’ll be hitting particularly soon, so that’s good. By my estimation, you’ve got somewhere between 20-30 lbs of fat to lose to step on stage. So when you diet down to contest condition, you won’t be close to 252.

I tried following a posing routine for the first time the other day and damn was I shocked on how much harder it was to pose than I thought

I’m gonna be looking to hit 265 in the next 6-8 months(I’m actually around 255 as we speak) without gaining any more bf. My bf is 16.5% currently(tested by dexa scan) then diet down to 240-245. What bodyfat % should I be looking to hit prior to stepping on stage

Don’t worry about a number. Worry about how you look. Have someone take progress pictures of you, don’t rely on mirror selfies. Use very neutral lighting, don’t try to find lighting that makes you look extra cut or anything, lol.

Judges will not have you standing on a scale when you’re on stage, and you won’t have your bodyfat % written on your forehead. The ONLY thing that matters is what you look like. You track your scale weight to make sure you’re moving in the right direction, but you have to combine that with progress photos to make sure things are coming together for you. I would suggest following some competitive bodybuilders on instagram to see how they look throughout contest preps, so you have a better idea of how lean you should look at any given point in your prep.