T Nation

365x3 Trap Bar Deadlift

Made 365 look pretty heavy.

[quote]Field wrote:
Made 365 look pretty heavy.[/quote]

But… but… 365 is pretty heavy…

Right?

:frowning:

Love that Bar!

365 heavy? Depends upon body weight. I’m 270-ish, my max is 570 for a single (straps, I’m a wuss I admit it) so that’s barely over 2 X body weight.

At 185, that’s just short of 2x but you did it for a triple! So yeah, it is a damn fine lift. Congrats!

Watch your right knee, it’s caving a little (just a touch)

[quote]WolverineRage wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:
Made 365 look pretty heavy.[/quote]

But… but… 365 is pretty heavy…

Right?

:frowning:
[/quote]

Ehhh not to poop on your parade, but 365 isn’t very much for a straight bar deadlift, nevermind a trap bar one. I deadlift between 520-530 but I’m able to hit close to 600 on the trap bar. But a pr’s a pr so congrats.

[quote]WolverineRage wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:
Made 365 look pretty heavy.[/quote]

But… but… 365 is pretty heavy…

Right?

:frowning:
[/quote]

Sure

what the fuck did i just watch

Trap bar=non competition lift~not a single shit was given today on the powerlifting boards.

So what you’re saying is if I posted a video of someone hitting say a 900lb safety bar squat no one would give a shit. Seems legit brah.

[quote]BCR wrote:
So what you’re saying is if I posted a video of someone hitting say a 900lb safety bar squat no one would give a shit. Seems legit brah. [/quote]

No but at the same time he didn’t do a 900lbs Trap Bar Deadlift otherwise that would have been impressive not straight bar impressive but impressive none the least although I do see what your getting at.

Wolverine- Do you do any other lift than the Trap Bar Deadlift. You have actually made 3 different threads in 3 different sections about… what gives?

It obviously a PR for yourself so be proud of it.

Just for future reference, if you want to show off some PR’s there is a thread in the beginners section

I don’t really mean to be a dick about it, but my wife is able to trap bar 350, and she’s hardly a competitive lifter. As the earlier poster said, a “regular” deadlift of 365 isn’t that big a lift, and the trap bar makes it way, way easier for a number of reasons.

Out of curiosity, why are you lifting this bar instead of the regular lift?

[quote]illadelphia91 wrote:
It obviously a PR for yourself so be proud of it.

Just for future reference, if you want to show off some PR’s there is a thread in the beginners section

[/quote]
I think this is a great thread :slight_smile:

[quote]BCR wrote:
So what you’re saying is if I posted a video of someone hitting say a 900lb safety bar squat no one would give a shit. Seems legit brah. [/quote]
If they could squat massive amounts less with a straight bar, or if it was a quarter squat then it would likely be less impressive than a 900 pound squat to parallel/below. And the ~ means a roughly similar number in math I believe.

A PR is a good lift. The important point is what you can do 1 year from now in comparison to this PR.

[quote]nopsled wrote:
I don’t really mean to be a dick about it, but my wife is able to trap bar 350, and she’s hardly a competitive lifter. As the earlier poster said, a “regular” deadlift of 365 isn’t that big a lift, and the trap bar makes it way, way easier for a number of reasons.

Out of curiosity, why are you lifting this bar instead of the regular lift?[/quote]

Your wife pulls 350 on the trap?

In for video of that.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Trap bar=non competition lift~not a single shit was given today on the powerlifting boards. [/quote]

Looks like quite a few people have, including yourself. :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
This is NOT meant to disparage the OP in any way because a PR is a PR but my 43 year old GF who is 5’5", 140 pulled three singles with the trap bar yesterday at 365.[/quote]

Parade, I’d like you to meet Rain. Rain, this is Parade.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]WolverineRage wrote:

Your wife pulls 350 on the trap?

In for video of that.[/quote]

Don’t mean to derail, but sure I’ll get some video. I’m pretty proud of her, actually.