365-Rep New Year's Challenge

Suggested Workout/Challenge for New Year’s Eve

• Choose one upper body exercise and one lower body exercise.

• Each exercise is to be done for a total of 180-185 reps, resulting in 365 total reps performed in the workout.

• Volume can be handled in any fashion: 1x35, 3x50; 15x12; 1x5, 18x10; 1x180; 90x2; whatever.

• Any weight can be used to achieve the total volume. (Wanna bench the bar for 180 reps just to say you did it? Go ahead, no problem.)

• Exercises can either be done straight through or alternated.

Just a chance to challenge ourselves, reflect on what we’ve accomplished in the gym this past year, and go out with a bang.

Any other mental patients feel like making this arbitrary test their last workout of the year?

I love few things more than an arbitrary challenge. I’m in!

[quote]csulli wrote:
I love few things more than an arbitrary challenge. I’m in![/quote]
Cool, man. Good to hear.

Not sure what I’ll be up for particularly. I’m kind of in a leg press and rows mood but we’ll see.

I’m just about wrapped up with my current program anyhow, so this’ll basically be the endcap to the whole thing and I’ll start fresh, born again as it were, in the New Year.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I love few things more than an arbitrary challenge. I’m in![/quote]
Cool, man. Good to hear.

Not sure what I’ll be up for particularly. I’m kind of in a leg press and rows mood but we’ll see.

I’m just about wrapped up with my current program anyhow, so this’ll basically be the endcap to the whole thing and I’ll start fresh, born again as it were, in the New Year.[/quote]
I think I’ll do bench with 185 and squats with 225 both for 9 sets of 20 with an extra 5 reps on squat. I have no idea if I can bench 185 for 9 sets of 20 though; I’ve got absolutely no concept of what 9 sets of 20 feels like.

Might try this with pushups and kettlebell swings.

I could do 90 doubles.

I don’t advise anyone actually watch all of this, but here’s proof nonetheless lol:

That was beastly, csulli. If I wind up doing this challenge it will be with bodyweight squats, maybe pistols, and pull ups. I’m quite detrained at the moment (to put it nicely) :\

Have a stupid feeling I’m gonna do this with deadlifts and pushups

ah fuck me i’m in. trap bar deads and blast strap pushups.

Nice video, Csulli man. Bonus points for channeling the female viewership for extra power. :wink:

How’re you feeling today?

Glad to see the rest of you guys thinking about giving it a go. I’m still on for tomorrow.

[/quote]
Some soreness.

It was only bad immediately after the workout though. For some reason my quads kept spasming and cramping and it was hard to walk and stand.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]
Some soreness.

It was only bad immediately after the workout though. For some reason my quads kept spasming and cramping and it was hard to walk and stand.[/quote]
I wonder what it could’ve been.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]
Some soreness.

It was only bad immediately after the workout though. For some reason my quads kept spasming and cramping and it was hard to walk and stand.[/quote]
I wonder what it could’ve been.[/quote]

Beat me to it. LOL

Hey guys,

I just gave this a go.

Double Kettlebell Swings
2x20kg: 9 sets of 10 Between the legs.
2x20kg: 10 sets of 10 Outside the legs - miscalculated and did an extra set

Kettlebell Row
20kg: 5 sets of 20
10kg: 3 sets of 25

Ring Dips - my new love
BW: 3-3-3

Happy new year everyone!

Done.

A) Leg press 6x25, 1x35
B) Hammer Strength DY Row 15x12
C) Walk home from gym 3 blocks (a terrible idea)

Coincidence: this turned out to use last page in my training notebook. Neato. Time for steak and wine now.

Have a great New Year’s, guys.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]
Some soreness.

what did you eat after? Awesome job man

[quote]browndisaster wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]
Some soreness.

what did you eat after? Awesome job man[/quote]
Sprung for the Chinese buffet lol

I’m not saying we all inspired CT Fletcher, I’m just saying… it looks like he benched 225 for 400 reps on January 1. Close enough.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Might try this with pushups and kettlebell swings.[/quote]

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I could do 90 doubles.[/quote]

[quote]VTPower wrote:
If I wind up doing this challenge it will be with bodyweight squats, maybe pistols, and pull ups. I’m quite detrained at the moment (to put it nicely) :[/quote]

[quote]MaazerSmiit wrote:
Have a stupid feeling I’m gonna do this with deadlifts and pushups[/quote]

[quote]StevenF wrote:
ah fuck me i’m in. trap bar deads and blast strap pushups.[/quote]

Any follow up, fellas?