365-Rep New Year's Challenge 2015

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
For the record: I’m not sure I like Chris so much for suggesting this.[/quote]
Ha, just chalk it up to another concept I swiped from Dan John. (Challenges in general, not specifically the 365 repper).[/quote]

I love challenge workouts. If it didn’t seriously limit my ability to do more useful training, I’d do them every week.

[quote]scoots2 wrote:
Sounds like a plan for Wednesday morning, something different hmm maybe leg press and close grip pull downs.[/quote]

Made it through… where’s the 365 challenge t-shirt’s? :slight_smile: See ya next year!

Again, solid work all around, guys.

I just wrapped up:
A) Shoulder to shoulder press 1x20, 2x15
B1) Swing 6x20,30,40,40,30,20
B2) Shoulder to shoulder press 6x15
C) Shoulder to shoulder press 3x15

Video is just of the middle meaty part without the pressing before and after. No clue how to super-speed it, so it is what it is. (Only worthwhile highlight is around 6:30)

Have a good and safe New Year’s everyone.

[quote]furo wrote:
I just did mine - 185x 40kg (88lb) kettlebell swings and 180x push-ups. [/quote]

I’ll be doing a PM workout session with my GF before heading to a NYE party, and I might steal this one for a 365 challenge. Although I still only have a 45-pound kettlebell (…awaiting a 62 pounder that’s being shipped!)

I’m f@cked.

Thankfully the gym closed by the time I got to 120 reps for both - as I was dying my on feet.

• Don’t DON’T do this with squats - just don’t.
  • If you want to know people get on going from strength rep range → stupid rep range; I assure you, we die.
  • Legs are spasming, glutes are unreal sore & my lower back is screaming.

& that is just squats, nevermind miltitary / push / whatever else gets the bar up.

Try and upload - as it’s an hour long… PAINFUL is the word.

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
I’m f@cked.

Thankfully the gym closed by the time I got to 120 reps - as I was dying my on feet.

• If you want to know people get on going from strength rep range → stupid rep range; I assure you, we die.

& that is just squats, nevermind miltitary / push / whatever else gets the bar up.

Try and upload - as it’s an hour long… PAINFUL is the word. [/quote]

Wait until tomorrow. It doesn’t get any better.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
I’m f@cked.

Thankfully the gym closed by the time I got to 120 reps - as I was dying my on feet.

[/quote]

Well aren’t you quite the motivational speaker :stuck_out_tongue:

Received my t-shirt today.

Squat, 135 lbs. 185 reps. 28 minutes
Bench, 95 lbs. 180 reps 27 minutes

It is just a guess, but I will probably experience some soreness over the next few days.

Thanks to CC for the challenge.

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
I’m f@cked.

Thankfully the gym closed by the time I got to 120 reps for both - as I was dying my on feet.

Gosh I’m feeling great about doing Hip thrusters for this challenge now…wait what?

Still not done yet…extra shifts are pushing me back until Friday. But I want my dang t-shirt so…I’ll post when I can.

EDIT: Workout is Hip Thrusters/ Floor press, 185 reps each @ 185 lbs…easier in a crowded rec center.

Haven’t lifted since Sat…but I’ve been loading up on cookies, candy…Carbs…I mean carbs for the big event…

Done.

I supersetted bench and squats. I used 135 for bench and 175 for squats. My workout progressed like:

First set- 15 reps. I got this… no problem.
Next 3 sets - 15 reps each set. Umm… this rep scheme could be problematic.
Sets 5 through 10 - 10 reps each set. A little more manageable. Rest periods are getting a little longer.
Sets 11 through 13 - 10 reps each set. My arms and legs shake between reps. I’m starting to burp. Sets are around 3 minutes, as are the rest periods.
Set 14 - 10 reps. Chunky burps. Get the bucket.
Set 15 - 10 reps. This turns into a breathing set. More burps.
Set 16 - 10 reps. I knocked this one out strong and hard to finish.
Additional 5 squats. I almost forgot these.

I have video, but I can’t figure out how to get my movies moved from Photobooth into a format that I can use. I’ll mess with it some more when my mind’s right…

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
I’m f@cked.

[/quote]

Well aren’t you quite the motivational speaker :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

I’m used to strength rep ranges, like yourself and one “set” of 365 squats is something my body just wasn’t prepared for. I’ve been having to think hard before I sit anywhere for the last two days just to make sure I’ll be able to get back up.

[quote]denver z-man wrote:
But I want my dang t-shirt so…I’ll post when I can.[/quote]
Act fast and you can get the 2nd Edition printing. :wink:

Unfortunately I can relate. There may or may not have been a four-pound container of Royal Dansk butter cookies that got lighter yesterday afternoon post-training.

[quote]Steve-O-68 Wrote:
Set 16 - 10 reps. I knocked this one out strong and hard to finish.[/quote]
That’s the way to finish. Solid.

Did my challenge today. 185 chinups 180 squats. 12 minutes 35 seconds. Did 3 sets of 5, 1 set of 10, and then 5’s until done. Grab bar, do chinups, let go do squats, repeat. Very little rest in between. Average of 2.07 seconds per rep. Felt like I was going to throw up from 150 on.

Took the challenge on the 1st:

I think I’m going to take a little different approach to the challenge, and use 365 for the weight. 100 deadlift reps @ 365. Maybe I’ll throw in a complimentary lift as well. pull ups or OHP or something.

Did mine yesterday…go ahead and keep that t-shirt Chris!

Rec center was jam packed (go figure) and my plan was crap anyway. This is what I did.

Hammer Inc.-- 4x15 @ 70 each side

Leg Press – 4x15 @ 275

Repeated these two…

Floor Press-- 60 reps @ 135…15,10s…finished with sets of 5…

Leg Press–4x15@ 275…plus 5 reps to hit 365 total.

I’ll feel it a bit, but overall, this was a poor first “challenge workout”. My original plan would have been way to much; this was hard, but not enough.
It all took about 70 minutes.
Onward and upward.
ERIC D.

Probably a bit of a cop out here, but I don’t do any direct arm workout in my current routine and I train everything else high frequency. I didnt feel like derailing a whole week to do this, but I wanted to get it in on the challenge and make it useful to my training.

Alternated sets of Curls and Overhead Tricep Extensions with just the empty bar with some fat gripz on it. First set 15 reps, then 17 sets of 10. Basically no rest… Just bang out set after set

Honestly it was a pretty good arm workout considering I had it done in under 10 minutes… Arms are pumped for sure, and it actually had my heart rate up towards the end.

I honestly salute the shit out of those that did squats or deadlifts on this bitch… Thats insane beyond all reason. Congrats gentlemen.

I dont think curls earn the T-Shirt though, maybe next year

Sick work dudes

Anybody up for doing this again?