365-Rep New Year's Challenge 2015

Figured we could give this one more shot, even though some dudes from last year said they were in and never followed up while Csulli csullied all over the thread with a fair degree of excellence. (It is not a competition between bros though. It’s just a little a gut check with yourself.)

Suggested Workout/Challenge for New Year’s Eve

• Choose one upper body exercise and one lower body exercise.

• Each exercise is to be done for a total of 180-185 reps, resulting in 365 total reps performed in the workout.

• Volume can be handled in any fashion: 1x35, 3x50 or 15x12 or 1x5, 18x10 or 1x180 or 90x2. Whatever.

• Any weight can be used to achieve the total volume. (Wanna bench the bar for 180 reps just to say you did it? Go ahead, no problem.)

• Exercises can either be done straight through or alternated.

Just a chance to challenge ourselves, reflect on what we’ve accomplished in the gym this past year, and go out with a bang.

Any other mental patients feel like making this arbitrary test their last workout of the year?

2014: 365-Rep New Year's Challenge - Bigger Stronger Leaner - Forums - T Nation

I’m in.

That was beastly by Csulli.

Squats @ 130 lb
Bench @ 90lb or High Pull @ 65lb

Do this on New Years Eve, as I’m off New Years Day and the 2nd.

Will try get a video of at least 1, though the gym ain’t fans of it. http://reebokclub.co.uk/

I’m game. I’m wrapping up an 8 week stint of GVT and this will be a good finisher.

Bench and squats. I’ll go with 50% of my 1RM on each. Bonus points for supersets?

I’m in! Planning on doing this on Tuesday.

I’m going to do OHP and Front Squat 9x20x95lbs 5, alternating.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Csulli csullied all over the thread with a fair degree of excellence.
[/quote]
Well now I have to…

This year:
180 reps of deadlifts with 315
185 pullups

If you count my bodyweight as the weight on pullups, the overall tonnage for that workout is over 90,000lbs of volume.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Csulli csullied all over the thread with a fair degree of excellence.
[/quote]
Well now I have to…

This year:
180 reps of deadlifts with 315
185 pullups

If you count my bodyweight as the weight on pullups, the overall tonnage for that workout is over 90,000lbs of volume.[/quote]

The deadlifts at 10 mins “Still double speed” - aha.

Again though, that is beastly… will buy a camera now instead of my plan to use a phone. Only fair at least 1 other person video’s :slight_smile:

First thought was Hip Thrusters @ 185; Low incline bench @ 185.

I will take a penalty for using smith machine, 'cause it’s all I got.

I’ll do it Wednesday, before work that evening…last workout of the year !

And what is Mr. Chris C. doing ?

Thanks guys, and godspeed to all of us.

OK, I am in. Great idea for a challenge.

My plan is 135lb Squats (with my new Romaleos received for Christmas!) and 95-lbs Bench Press.

Good luck to all!

I’m in again. This year I think I’ll do push-ups and kettlebell swings (40kg/88lbs). I tried a similar challenge on Christmas day and attempted 10x10 40kg one-handed swings and that shredded my hands, so I’ll go two-handed for this one.

I’m a touch limited in this due to an elbow injury and a frozen shut gym/shed so my plan is 365 squats with a combined total of 32kg (two racked 9kg kB’s and a 14kg weight vest). The plan is to do these without putting the bells down, but I have no idea whether this is possible. I’ll edit this post later on the results.

EDIT:

All done, no breaks, although I’m not sure it can be called a single set at 42mins long.

For the record: I’m not sure I like Chris so much for suggesting this.

Due to other obligations and not wanting to wreck my snowboarding or other training, I am taking the easy way out.

185 pullups
180 squats

Finally got to see the Vid, which was great!..and now I’m more afraid of my choice than before. I don’t mind being at the low end of the lifting caliber around here, but shoots and ladders that was nuts.

Cool turnout and very nice work so far, gang.

[quote]csulli wrote:
If you count my bodyweight as the weight on pullups, the overall tonnage for that workout is over 90,000lbs of volume.[/quote]
What? 90,000? There’s no way that can be right. (But yeah, killer vid and performance as usual.)

[quote]denver z-man wrote:
And what is Mr. Chris C. doing ?[/quote]
I’m thinking swings and overhead presses on Wednesday.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
For the record: I’m not sure I like Chris so much for suggesting this.[/quote]
Ha, just chalk it up to another concept I swiped from Dan John. (Challenges in general, not specifically the 365 repper).

Sounds like a plan for Wednesday morning, something different hmm maybe leg press and close grip pull downs.

Thinking about a power cleans & dips superset scheme.

Edit:
May go to left field on this one and do 4 CF “Elizabeth” (135 power clean + dips: 21, 15, 9) throughout the day.

[quote]csulli wrote:
What? 90,000? There’s no way that can be right. (But yeah, killer vid and performance as usual.)
[/quote]
Well I dunno how calculating pullups works, but if you treat your bodyweight as the weight then that’s 181lbs x 185 reps which is 33,485 and for deadlifts 315lbs x 180 reps is 56,700 which adds up to 90,185 total.

Not that I care, I just thought it was silly :slight_smile:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]
Well I dunno how calculating pullups works, but if you treat your bodyweight as the weight then that’s 181lbs x 185 reps which is 33,485 and for deadlifts 315lbs x 180 reps is 56,700 which adds up to 90,185 total.

Not that I care, I just thought it was silly :)[/quote]
I was paraphrasing DBZ. Thought that’s what you were going for. :frowning: That’s what I get for trying to sound cool.

How did I not see that before…

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]

Not that I care, I just thought it was silly :)[/quote]
I was paraphrasing DBZ. Thought that’s what you were going for. :frowning: That’s what I get for trying to sound cool.

[/quote]

I went for it today, doing 95lbs for front squats and strict OHP. My goal was 9x20, but after the first 4 sets I had to drop down to sets of 10. At rep 147 of FS, my wrist gave out and I dropped the bar on my bicep. I just continued and finished the rest essentially doing a zercher squat. I was pretty surprised that I was able to do the OHP without any leg drive. Although, the last few reps of the last 2 sets I couldn’t lockout the weight completely because my triceps were shot.

Holy F*$@ csulli. How does your back feel today?

I was going to film the whole thing, but didn’t have enough space on my phone so only filmed the first 2 sets and the last one.

EDIT: Apparently video didn’t post and half of what I said didn’t either.

I just did mine - 185x 40kg (88lb) kettlebell swings and 180x push-ups.