365 Bench Press Race

Where’s 8 ?

Where’s 8 ?

[quote]barbedwired wrote:
Where’s 8 ?[/quote]

? Lol

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Why would you post this in a race to 365 thread?

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Why would you post this in a race to 365 thread?[/quote]

Why not? I see other benches here over 365.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Why not? I see other benches here over 365.[/quote]

You saw two. One of which stated he is still working towards a competition 365, and the other who used a tool to hit 370, but previously posted he had a ways to go.

So you post a 405x7. I want to know why.

Edit: I guess there were technically three. However, none were completely irrelevant to the topic.

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

You saw two. One of which stated he is still working towards a competition 365, and the other who used a tool to hit 370, but previously posted he had a ways to go.

So you post a 405x7. I want to know why. [/quote]

Because I fucking wanted to? Maybe if you spent more time lifting and less time on my nuts you could too.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Because I fucking wanted to? Maybe if you spent more time lifting and less time on my nuts you could too.[/quote]

Adorable.

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Because I fucking wanted to? Maybe if you spent more time lifting and less time on my nuts you could too.[/quote]

Adorable. [/quote]

Typical response from someone who is blatantly trying to start shit for no reason.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:
I’m in the 400/405 thread, but I won’t consider myself graduated from this one til I get 365 for three whites at a meet at 198. Heres today in the gym, weighing 216. My ass came up a bit but Im not worried about that, it only happens here cuz I cant set my feet right inside the rack.

- YouTube

Is that Destroy Destroy Destroy playing in the background??

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Adorable. [/quote]

Typical response from someone who is blatantly trying to start shit for no reason.
[/quote]

Actually, no. I was genuinely asking why you posted it. I’m sorry that my curiosity ruffled your feathers.

Hit 365 last year TnG with elbow wraps, so Im not counting it, at 350 TnG currently. Unfortunately recentdisc issues has shut down all pressing movements, but lately Im slowly getting strength back in my left arm.

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]baugust wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Adorable. [/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, no. I was genuinely asking why you posted it. I’m sorry that my curiosity ruffled your feathers. [/quote]

Well in that case I apologize. I’m grumpy in the morning before breakfast. I posted it to show I had moved passed 365 and to offer some advice ( what little I have) on increasing your bench if anyone cared to hear it. Seems what I typed got lost in the posing of the video.

I basically said I had achieved that and gone beyond 365 and was stuck at 385ish for awhile until I started incorporated dumbbell work. Seems we had a misunderstanding due to ignorance on my part of not knowing my typing didnt post along with the video. Again, apologies. I’m usually not such a dick.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Hit 365 last year TnG with elbow wraps, so Im not counting it, at 350 TnG currently. Unfortunately recentdisc issues has shut down all pressing movements, but lately Im slowly getting strength back in my left arm.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that hope it gets 100% ASAP!

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Hit 365 last year TnG with elbow wraps, so Im not counting it, at 350 TnG currently. Unfortunately recentdisc issues has shut down all pressing movements, but lately Im slowly getting strength back in my left arm.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that hope it gets 100% ASAP![/quote]

Thanks brother appreciate it…baby steps!

I like you Bauber, but your video out of the context of whatever you typed to go with it definitely came across as strange, lol. Glad to hear you’re in here to give advice. My bench press has been hovering around 300 for awhile. I know from your other posts you don’t hit low reps often. You talk about being in the 15-20 rep range quite a bit. Is that the range you typically do/did your dumbbell work? Also, what assistance exercises do you think have been the most helpful for you?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I like you Bauber, but your video out of the context of whatever you typed to go with it definitely came across as strange, lol. Glad to hear you’re in here to give advice. My bench press has been hovering around 300 for awhile. I know from your other posts you don’t hit low reps often. You talk about being in the 15-20 rep range quite a bit. Is that the range you typically do/did your dumbbell work? Also, what assistance exercises do you think have been the most helpful for you?[/quote]

Agreed, it came across as look at me weaklings! Which it was never meant to.

Yeah I hardly ever hit lower than 7-10 unless I just fail on the lift for whatever reason that day. I keep my dumbbells very high 20-30 range as my gym only has up to 150lbs dumbbells and they are quite light relatively. I think dumbbells higher rep is ideal due to them being very good at building the stabilizer muscle groups which will increase your bench more than you think.

As far as assistance exercises I think flys get left in the dust sometimes. I actually dedicate every other week an entire day to flys. I do incline, decline, flat flys and then hammer the pec dec until exhaustion.

As far as other exercises, I do reverse grip bench in the smith machine regularly, close grip bench and in general try to stay under the bar weekly. Even if I just get under the bench and don’t go over 315 I try to get some pressing in just to keep in the form and habit.

Although I am not lifting particularly for strength these things above all else have helped my bench increase.

[quote]barbedwired wrote:
Where’s 8 ?[/quote]

Please, do not encourage him.

For the record 5x5 flatbench on monday and 5x5 closegrip on friday took my bench to 355 last summer. A sore shoulder from fall to spring halted things. April till now- has brought me back to 350…using thibs layer system for strength ideas- work up to a heavy 5 3 2 1 in sucessive weeks. Take 90 percent of that and pause bench it for 3x3. Use closegrip bench for hdl sets. Incline bench one other day of the week.