T Nation

36 Y/O - Need Labs Interpretation

I don’t feel like messing with uploading an image so I am going to hand type my lab results so I hope it reads well. I definitely seem to have lower energy and stamina than I think I should have. Sex drive is lower lately and morning wood is infrequent. Sleep 5-7 hrs night (definitely want to make an effort to sleep better) and I drink a glass of whiskey every night.
If I were to sleep more and cut alcohol would my testosterone go up? I would rather use TRT as a last resort ( a welcome one).

Total Testosterone: 383
Free Testosterone: 90
Free Testosterone (%): 2.28
SHGB: 22.4
Albumin: 5.5
Luteinizing Hormone: 0.57
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT): 28
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST): 32
Estradiol: 28.9

Are we talking 2oz glass of whiskey, or 8 oz glass of whiskey? Or 12 oz?
Ranges are nice, but either way your T is low and would probably get higher with more sleep. 2oz of whiskey is a habit and should be dropped just to avoid having a habit that could possibly come to control you at some point. I consider HAVING to have it a problem, not the quantity.

1 Like

Yes, probably substantially.

I went from mid 300s to mid 400s by correcting sleep. Although my sleep was and still isn’t that great. It’s been improving quite a bit lately though, now that I don’t have a desk job anymore.

about 2oz. You are right alcoholism runs in my family so I don’t want to go down that road.