36, Low T, Few Physical Symptoms, Labs added, advice please

age 36

height 5’8"

waist 39"

weight 260

describe body and facial hair: Full body hair, 85% coverage on face

describe where you carry fat and how changed: torso and upper back, not much change.

-health conditions, symptoms [history]: insomnia, ADHD, difficulty losing weight. Metabolic panel normal.

-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever: very little hair loss, taking welbutrin, I gave taken Vyvanse

-lab results with ranges: coming soon

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]: 80% paleo with some rice and bread. peri-workout protien

-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]: BJJ 3 days a week, KB’s 2 days

-testes ache, ever, with a fever? Very rare ache, no fever

-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed: they have vanished over the last year.

I went to the doctor for erectile dysfunction and he ordered a T test. My T came back at 248 in a 300-1197 range. I’m waiting to hear back about my next steps. I don’t have some of the normal symptoms…my main ones are a general lack of drive, I’m always tired, and my libido has fallen off quite a bit. Despite eating decent and training often, I am 50 pounds overweight and I can’t get the scale to move. I am strong…I build muscle looking at weights, Solid and muscular under the fat. I’m built like a brick and at 205 pounds I had 12% BF. I also have been hairy since puberty and can grow most of a beard, with a couple patches. I’m posting because im confused and the low T hit me out of nowhere. Just looking for some advice and encouragement. I’m honestly terrified of Gyno, but I also am tired of feeling like im barely living life.

Labs:

TESTOSTERONE
03/16/2017
240*
348 - 1197 ng/dL

THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE
03/16/2017
0.450 - 4.50 uIU/mL

FERRITIN
03/16/2017
30 - 400 ng/mL

BUN 23.0 MG/DL 7.0 - 21.0 MG/DL

SODIUM 138.0 MMOL/L 135.0 - 145.0 MMOL/L

POTASSIUM 4.00 MMOL/L 3.50 - 5.10 MMOL/L

CHLORIDE 103.0 MMOL/L 98.0 - 108.0 MMOL/L

CO2 CONTENT 26 MMOL/L 22 - 29 MMOL/L

ANION GAP 9 MMOL/L 2 - 11 MMOL/L

GLUCOSE 104.0 MG/DL 70.0 - 100.0 MG/DL

CREATININE 1.4 MG/DL 0.7 - 1.3 MG/DL

CALCIUM 9.3 MG/DL 8.4 - 10.3 MG/DL

BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.5 MG/DL 0.2 - 1.2 MG/DL

ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE (AST)(SGOT) 29.0 U/L 5.0 - 34.0 U/L

ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE (ALT)(SGPT) 37.0 U/L 5.0 - 45.0 U/L

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 68.0 U/L 35.0 - 150.0 U/L

TOTAL PROTEIN 7.2 G/DL 6.4 - 8.3 G/DL

ALBUMIN 4.4 G/DL 3.5 - 5.0 G/DL

EGFR (ACTUAL) >59 mL/min/1.73 sq.m

Cholesterol was 168

A1C was 4.7%

CORTISOL 15.3 ug/dL
Cortisol AM 6.2 - 19.4
Cortisol PM 2.3 - 11.9

LH 3.2 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6 mIU/mL

FSH 3.2 mIU/mL 1.5 - 12.4 mIU/mL

PROLACTIN 16.7 ng/mL 4.0 - 15.2 ng/mL

T4, TOTAL 6.5 ug/dL 4.5 - 12.0 ug/dL

T3 TOTAL 101 ng/dL 71 - 180 ng/dL

Inability to loose weight can be from low-T, low thyroid function or both.

Not using iodized salt is definitely not good for thyroid function - which you can easily eval via last paragraph in this post.

At your age, low-T is often the symptom and not the disease. Your labs should include LH/FSH, E2, AM cortisol and prolactin.

TT=248 is seriously low. You are afraid of gyno. You need to be afraid of E2 and it would be good to start TRT with anastrozole from the get go. And you need to consider hCG to preserve testes and fertility.

Please post labs with ranges. Many “normal” things point to problems.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

thank you, I’ll post my full labs when I get home to them. My TSH was 1.2 in a .5-4.5 range. I’m working on getting them to order a better thyroid panel and T panel. I do notice much lower body temp in the mornings. We are at the beginning stages of diagnosing the issue right now. This is the year my wife and i were planning to have a child, so the fertility issues are paramount.

I have added all labs up to today. Still waiting to meet with the doctor. Fertility is an issue I need to keep…I have been reading about Clomid to treat secondary hypogonadism, since my LH/FSH are low normal, and my T is low. Any advice would be really appreciated.