350 LB Deadlift at 180, 21 Years Old

Hes probably posting because the op asked for numbers from us to get a comparison.

I’m 16 and pull around 425 at a little over 200 pounds.

I think the standard of 2x/2.5/3x bodyweight being ok good and great is pretty much correct.

The OP never asked for anyones numbers. He asked what was considered good. Here’s what I consider good for a 200lbs male, or the equivalent score by formula:

<3xBW (600lbs) Novice
<3.5xBW (700lbs) Beginner
<3.75xBW (750lbs) Good

3.75xBW Elite

Not everyone can achieve elite (I probably never will), but isn’t that the definition of the word?

considering many (possibly most) people would not be able to achieve “novice” by your standards, within 4 years of training, i’d suggest that calling it “novice” would be quite retarded

-to the OP, 2X bodyweight is a good starters goal to shot for, for us mere mortals, and up from there

sorry to say Defekt but i rember seeing a post that you did saying you cold bench 365 for reps so how can u only deadlift 425 i mean 425 is a good deadlift but dont make fun of some one who is training to get stronger and one day may be very strong u never know.

how is 3 times body weight only novice johnnytang24 i dont think half the people on here if not more are not even close to deadlift 3xboday weight and there are some world class lifters u can say that becasue its like saying that andy bolton is still a novice he doesnt deadlift 3x body weight and he has the bogestr deadlift ever.

the 2x 2.5x 3x stuff doesn’t work for SHW’s I say for SHW’s anything over 800.

3xbw for lifters 230 and under seems to be a good bet.

In strongman I have noticed all the top 231s lift 700+ which is right around 3xbw

The top 200’s seem to have 600+ pulls which is 3xbw

I don’t get why everything is 2x this 3x that, makes it easier for shorter stockier people to reach those goals faster. I like to think of it in simple #'s most can achieve them at any reasonable weight usually with enough time.

500-good
600-great
700±Your very strong

3 x body weigh is realy good i think

[quote]powerliftingjake wrote:
how is 3 times body weight only novice johnnytang24 i dont think half the people on here if not more are not even close to deadlift 3xboday weight and there are some world class lifters u can say that becasue its like saying that andy bolton is still a novice he doesnt deadlift 3x body weight and he has the bogestr deadlift ever.[/quote]

Do you always selectively read parts of a post and comment on them? 3xBW for a 200lbs male OR EQUIVALENT SCORE BY FORMULA. So Andy Bolton doesn’t have to pull 3xBW.

You’re a novice when you start until you reach 3xBW @200lbs. And judging by the lifting and advice given on these boards, most people are still novices within 4 years

[quote]powerliftingjake wrote:
sorry to say Defekt but i rember seeing a post that you did saying you cold bench 365 for reps so how can u only deadlift 425 i mean 425 is a good deadlift but dont make fun of some one who is training to get stronger and one day may be very strong u never know.[/quote]

that post was a joke

why is it a joke every one was at that stage at some time or another u dont just randomly be able to deadlift 400 it takes time to do these things

the 365 bench post, do you have fucking down syndrome?

The interesting thing about the deadlift is that you can get a guy or gal that has had great physical preparation on all things but deadlift and lift huge numbers the first time they try the deadlift. Then after awhile you can stall at the deadlift and just sit there never to move again. Many things can help the deadlift - not just deadlift training. Good deadlift training (if someone is serious) should be planned during a year round cycle ala Louie Simmons that really work weaknesses in the deadlift. There are a myriad of lifts that can be done to highten one’s deadlift. Just search the site for some good articles. For someone who is serious in powerlifting a full power rack and a way to get a deadlift defecit is a necessity - some bands and such never hurt either. Someone is going to say Bill Starr type power clean program or snatching is good to build deadlift strength. But when you are an “elite” deadlifter, the deadlift is technique (your style) and hitting weaknesses particular to the deadlift. Explosive lifts may or may not help. Once again, look at this site, elitefts, kcstrongman.com, jessie murande’s board, westside barbell site, dragondoor site for more information on how some big deadlifters train the deadlift.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
the 2x 2.5x 3x stuff doesn’t work for SHW’s I say for SHW’s anything over 800.

3xbw for lifters 230 and under seems to be a good bet.

In strongman I have noticed all the top 231s lift 700+ which is right around 3xbw

The top 200’s seem to have 600+ pulls which is 3xbw[/quote]

All true, I always thought 3x was good up to 220, then 700 + was good.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
I’m 22 and 178 and just pulled 525 at a meet and won my weight class (came in 2nd overall).

It seems a triple body weight deadlift is where you need to be to win a meet.

Do you need to post about your 500+lbs deadlift in every thread in the strength forum?[/quote]

Nope, and I wasn’t born with it either. The point is, you should work for it, and stop complaining about “being stuck at a weight for 8 months.”

Jesus.

If you want to know how good a 350lb deadlift
is for a 181 pound guy, then go to

powerliftingwatch.com

You can find out results of meets by state and you can look at the top 100 raw and equipped deadlifts.

I would say that a 350lb deadlift for someone who is a 180 pound male depends on what your focus is. A good deadlift for someone who competes in raw powerlifting meets at 181 would be about 500 pounds. If you showed up at a state-level raw meet and did 500 in the 181 class then you’d probably place pretty well.

An ‘elite’ deadlift for the 181 class would probably be around 650 pounds. Elite status depends on your total, not one particular lift.

If powerlifting isn’t your sport and you want to know how your lift compares to other 181 pound football players or track runners or baseball players or whatever, then I can safely say that 350lbs is awesome because you actually understand that the deadlift isn’t a lower-back isolation exercise and that you’re supposed to use more than 135lbs.
When people ask me what muscle (always singular) the deadlift works I just want to kick them in the head.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
johnnytang24 wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
I’m 22 and 178 and just pulled 525 at a meet and won my weight class (came in 2nd overall).

Do you need to post about your 500+lbs deadlift in every thread in the strength forum?

Nope, and I wasn’t born with it either. The point is, you should work for it, and stop complaining about “being stuck at a weight for 8 months.”

Jesus.[/quote]

dhuge67 you haven’t contributed to this thread at all. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut vs knocking people for no reason.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
johnnytang24 wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:

Do you need to post about your 500+lbs deadlift in every thread in the strength forum?

Jesus.

dhuge67 you haven’t contributed to this thread at all. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut vs knocking people for no reason. [/quote]

I did contribute. I said to stop whining and start deadlifting. That’s the problem. Rack pulls, from-the-floor deads and more deads. That’s what you need to do.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
powerliftingjake wrote:
how is 3 times body weight only novice johnnytang24 i dont think half the people on here if not more are not even close to deadlift 3xboday weight and there are some world class lifters u can say that becasue its like saying that andy bolton is still a novice he doesnt deadlift 3x body weight and he has the bogestr deadlift ever.

Do you always selectively read parts of a post and comment on them? 3xBW for a 200lbs male OR EQUIVALENT SCORE BY FORMULA. So Andy Bolton doesn’t have to pull 3xBW.

considering many (possibly most) people would not be able to achieve “novice” by your standards, within 4 years of training, i’d suggest that calling it “novice” would be quite retarded

You’re a novice when you start until you reach 3xBW @200lbs. And judging by the lifting and advice given on these boards, most people are still novices within 4 years[/quote]

Ummm, so a guy who pulls 500 in the 148 weight class cannot qualify for “Beginner” by your standards?

This must be joke. Or some kind of stupid I’m-so-hardcore overstating post.

yeah it is i thought when i deadlift 500 at 165 it was not any good but i know it is so i dont see how that is a beginers deadlift.