34 - First TRT Cycle - Need Feedback

Hey Everyone im a 34 year old male. 5’8 227lbs BF is probably 22-23%

My PCP just prescribed me 30 weeks of Test- E 200mg one shot per week, anastrolze of 1mg per day and HCG EOD .5ml bottle is 10,0000 IU.

The reason for the perscription was two blood test about 12 months apart.

The first blood test came back with my test levels @ 267 Ref range was 250-827( Quest Labs)
Estradiol was 38.

Second Blood test came back with my test levels @ 176 Ref range was 250-827( Quest Labs)
Estradiol was 38.

Couple of things I’ve never suffered from ED and had morning wood every day but I was really tired all the time and had nasty brain fog. The docs plan for me is to have me go through this program to get me back in the gym building muscle and losing weight. Once I complete the cycle and I’ve made progress she wants to bring me off and see were my test settles after PCT.

Last week my wife and I did my first shot, pretty sure I fucked it up and didn’t get the full 1ML in there because I lost some back loading. Since I started taking the anastrozle I noticed that my morning wood is not as strong and that my nipples are kinda of sensitive. Is 1mg a day to much ? Also I feel like im getting less raging hardons randomly but I might just be in my own head…In general I feel better this week less or no brain fog and a ton more energy.

The goal here is to recomp and hopefully come off with something in a "normal range " for my age.

Appreciate the help.

IMO, 1 mg a day is WAY TOO MUCH! The should be 1mg/100 mg of Test. So for you, 2 mg a week is more appropriate. If you can, split your dose in 2 and pin twice a week and take 1 mg Adex on pin days.

Your doctor is like a soldier with no combat experience, clearly never attempted anything quite like this before and it shows. 1mg AI per day is great if you’re a women with breast cancer.

200mg T per week is wrong

Suggest:
self-inject 50mg T twice a week, subq with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe

250iu hCG subq EOD

0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections

You doc is trying but clueless.

TRT is not cycled. TRT is forever. Get or post other labs.

Other labs: At your age, diagnostic labs are needed to try to find the cause of low-T.

TT
FT
LH/FSH - cannot be done after you start TRT
prolactin
E2
CBC
hematocrit
TSH
fT3
fT4

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Pretty upset this morning… Never lost a boner before during sex and it happened, never had any kind of ED. I stopped the AI two days ago but ended up taking 4mg before coming on here and realizing it was alot. Today is supposed to be my next shot seriously considering completing the first 12 weeks on this and trying a restart per the stickies. My doctor has fantastic intentions but obviously doesn’t know what shes doing here.

The problem is I’ll bet other guys have crashed their E2 and never bothered to inform their clueless doctor that the AI is too much, realising the doctor isn’t knowledgeable enough they probably dumped her and found someone with more knowledge. It only takes one internet search to find out if a doctor is clueless.

I don’t know where doctors get these dosing for AI’s, but if must be borrowed from women who take AI’s for breast cancer.

I lost my boner this morning to during sex. My libido and erections were great before my injection yesterday. I suspect my e2 went up after the shot. I think I get my libido and erection back in a couple of days.

Unless I waited to long for my next shot and e2 is too low.

Thank you all for the responses.

Here is what I have from the rest of my lab report.

Other labs: At your age, diagnostic labs are needed to try to find the cause of low-T.

TT 176 Ref range was 250-827
FT - Labs didnt have this
LH/FSH - cannot be done after you start TRT - Labs didnt have this
prolactin - Labs didnt have this.
E2 ( If this is Estradiol ) 38 Range was < or = 39
CBC
White Blood Count 10.1 Range 3.8-10.8 ( I was sick when they did this lab)
Red Blood Cell Count 4.99 Range 4.20-5.80

hematocrit - 43 Range 38.5 - 50.0
TSH 0.49 Range 0.40-4.50
fT3
t3 Total 90 Range 76-181
t3 Uptake 34 Range 22-35
fT4 ( Free T4) 1.3 Range 0.8-1.8

I had a thyroid ultrasound done already since in the past ive had below range TSH and thyriod problems run in my family. Mostly has to do with nodules and eventually they have them removed, but the ultrasound showed an all clear thyroid. Hope this helps.

Im going to pull back on the AI I skipped last nights already and wont take it again till my next shot which is tomorrow.

Hey I actually have been running the same type of regimen the OP has for about 9months and defiantly want to cut out the additional use of anastrozole. Can I just start cutting it out every day and only take the .5 on shot days as recommended above? Or because I’ve been on it so long I’d have to do some type of pct for it?

Any help is appreciated

Last night I had middle of the night wood but didnt stay for very long. Sleeping sucked was super restless joints were sore. I also did my second shot yesterday and cut the original dose in half per the instructions from KSMAN. I havent restarted the an/astrozle yet im not sure when I should. Anyone have any idea how long I should go with out it

quick update feel much better I think all the anastrozle is out of my system finally and my E2 started rebounding. Next shot is tomorrow and going to try half a pill with the shot and see what happens. Starting the HCG may have also helped.